ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   Site Feedback, Help, and Suggestions (https://forums.clubtread.com/9-site-feedback-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Draft trip report (https://forums.clubtread.com/9-site-feedback-help-suggestions/94560-draft-trip-report.html)

5thhorseman 07-21-2021 04:06 PM

Draft trip report

I drafted a trip report on my Android phone today and then exited. A message said my draft was saved but would expire in 7 days. I now am trying to access the draft to complete it, but can't find it either using my phone or PC. I would think that when posting a new TR on my phone I would be prompted to retrieve the draft.

(I thought I was on to something here. If I could upload photos from my phone to a draft TR, then do all the typing on my PC, that would be ideal!)

zeljkok 07-21-2021 06:10 PM

I don't know the answer, but it would be interesting. Hopefully someone from VS will see this & answer.

But what you can do regardless, is upload pics on a non-draft TR, post i.e. from your phone, then later edit post from PC to provide text. It would sit posted with pics only for awhile but so what

VSadmin 07-26-2021 02:35 PM

Hey there

I'm not seeing a specific Draft Feature in use anymore. You were starting a thread in the Reports section, ya?

Kevin

5thhorseman 07-27-2021 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by VSadmin (Post 856492)
Hey there

I'm not seeing a specific Draft Feature in use anymore. You were starting a thread in the Reports section, ya?

Kevin

Yup I was doing a TR.

VSadmin 07-30-2021 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did some more investigation of the draft feature, which is only available via the mobile skin of the site so I wasn't too familiar with it myself as I always come via my lap top.

The save is cookies based, and will expire after 7 days like it says, but will also be lost if you clear your history/cookies from your browser. This also means it can only be accessed via the same device and same browser.

When there is a draft saved, you should see a red icon on the start thread button when you are in the same section. When you hit the button, your draft should load automatically.

If this didn't happen this time, then my guess is that either the cookie file was corrupted, or there is a setting in the browser that blocked or cleaned it

Kevin

zeljkok 07-30-2021 04:09 PM

This is still quite useful then; draft on mobile to add pics while hiking, then when you get home post saved draft from mobile & edit on desktop/laptop to add text.

Thanks for research and explanation Kevin

5thhorseman 07-30-2021 11:52 PM

Okay, thanks Kevin. That makes sense.