Banned - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Default Banned

If I get banned, do all my comments and posts get deleted?
tedoliver likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryne View Post
LOL - what are you preparing for?
alpalmer likes this.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Leaving. This site has lost it's value to me. I used to use it to look for hikes to do and to share about hikes I have done. I'd just not come back here, but my text is being used for those ads and, well, you know what I think about that. I have a plan. I'm going to start a thread about how the sasquatch has a lost gold mine where Trump lives. That should get me banned in about 5 seconds.
susied and tedoliver like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 03:28 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Hahaha! Sasquatches and searches for gold have come up a couple times now recently... Coincidence?

Yes, I do know your thoughts on links being added to the text in our posts and support you wholeheartedly. I don't blame you at all, but it's unfortunate that yet another long-time CTer is signing off. For the time being, I've (perhaps naively) decided to hang around, use a disclaimer on my posts, and push back on the site admin until things change or I, too, get banned. I backed up all my posts (that weren't already duplicated on Wordpress) in MS Word docs a week or two ago just in case I got banned and my posts were deleted.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

Quote:
Nope, you just get the word banned under your name and you cant use the site anymore.
-Philip
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Is there any way to have my comments and posts get deleted automatically?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 04:10 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

Quote:
I'm going to start a thread about how the sasquatch has a lost gold mine where Trump lives.
Oh pleeeeaase do that! I will subscribe
solo75 likes this.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 04:18 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
I suppose you can bring up a post and use the edit function to delete the contents although it would be time consuming if you had a lot of TRs.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

Quote:
There is not. If you check the Terms of Use under "Submissions" it will detail the publishing permission you grant to the site. The content you publish here stays published here.
-Philip
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 05:32 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Where does it say that the content we publish on CT stays on CT? I've read through the "Submissions" section in the VerticalScope Terms of Service pretty thoroughly (http://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus...=clubtread.com) and can't find anywhere it says that "the content you publish here stays published here."

For comparison, Wordpress.com's TOS states the following: "If you delete Content, Automattic will use reasonable efforts to remove it from WordPress.com, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable." (https://en.wordpress.com/tos/)
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I changed most of my contributions to n/a because that's what I meant to say when I originally typed them. I am ready to be banned now.
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
Where does it say that the content we publish on CT stays on CT? I've read through the "Submissions" section in the VerticalScope Terms of Service pretty thoroughly (http://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus...=clubtread.com) and can't find anywhere it says that "the content you publish here stays published here."

For comparison, Wordpress.com's TOS states the following: "If you delete Content, Automattic will use reasonable efforts to remove it from WordPress.com, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable." (https://en.wordpress.com/tos/)
http://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus...=clubtread.com

Quote:
You agree to grant to CLUBTREAD.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of CLUBTREAD.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to CLUBTREAD.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to CLUBTREAD.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to CLUBTREAD.COM.
* I am not a lawyer but I see a lot of big words.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by cutthroat22; 11-30-2017 at 06:50 PM.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
http://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus...=clubtread.com

You agree to grant to CLUBTREAD.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of CLUBTREAD.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to CLUBTREAD.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to CLUBTREAD.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to CLUBTREAD.COM.

* I am not a lawyer but I see a lot of big words.
Nor am I, but if I choose to remove my content at any point, where does it say they can keep it stashed somewhere? Is it the word "irrevocable"? That isn't in the Wordpress TOS as far as I can see.

Again from Wordpress, their legalese takes a fairly different tone in my opinion:

"By submitting Content to Automattic for inclusion on your website, you grant Automattic a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your blog. This license allows Automattic to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by Automattic (through the Automattic Firehose, for example) so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services. You also give other WordPress.com users permission to share your Content on other WordPress.com websites and add their own Content to it (aka to reblog your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your post and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your website (the reblogging function on WordPress.com does this automatically!). If you delete Content, Automattic will use reasonable efforts to remove it from WordPress.com, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable."
post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 PM
High on the Mountain Top

What do you mean your text is being used for those ads? A trip report form 2001 does what in the form of ads?
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Just to see what would happen I jumped on CT in incognito mode with add block off and found the very ads on my own trip reports. So I went back and edited the phrases I used that were changed into links and that seems to temporarily fix the issue. I will check it out again in a few days and see if new links have been added. For people who are concerned please try this before deleting content, so many TR's here would be a shame to lose.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page