How to vote out a moderator? - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Love the outdoors. Hiking, backpacking, geocaching, camping, canoeing, and kayaking. Did I say camp

[quote=calixtomoon;604562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

There is no way that everyone is going to be happy when a mod, moderates. Less so when they decide to drop the banhammer.

I agree with this^^^ But also agree with others that there should be a way for those that might not agree with certain actions to state their case no matter how great the moderators are or how much they are liked or trusted. They are human too

I would hope that if there were enough complaints about a moderator by enough different people something would be done. Just like what happens if enough people complain about a crumb of a member.
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with transparency by the mods, but threads calling into question their decisions seems a little over the top.
An email to the mods first, giving them a reasonable chance to respond, a follow-up email if necessary and maybe if you're being entirely ignored a thread.
At the end of the day though there likely will be times where the mods may not want to, or not be able to explain the entire rationale for their decisions, that's when we're going to need to remember that we picked these mods, and we did it for good reasons. That's where the trust part comes in.
dlofting likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Quote:
threads calling into question their decisions seems a little over the top
When we have no way of knowing what the decision was, then calling it into question is perfectly reasonable. I expect the mods banned RGB for a good reason, but I have no way of knowing that. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote:
At the end of the day though there likely will be times where the mods may not want to, or not be able to explain the entire rationale for their decisions
Really? Can you give me a good example (edit: that doesn't involve the police or CSIS)?

Last edited by trick; 04-07-2015 at 07:30 PM.
post #33 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Love the outdoors. Hiking, backpacking, geocaching, camping, canoeing, and kayaking. Did I say camp

hmm, specific examples? I could see it from a stand point of worrying about violating privacy to not wanting to worry that it could be taken as libel (the reasons for banning).

At the end of it all though the mods are beholden to the owners of CT, and not us the users, and they're not obligated to explain themselves to us, though it is appreciated when/if they do.
Farmer, dlofting and W.C-hiker like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbasher View Post
Ubishops is not banned,you can view his profile and see for yourselves.

If you are going to whine about someone being banned maybe you should see if that is even the case before you start whining,just a thought.

RGB never contributed anything but mindless drivel,I for one was glad to see him go(again).
Agreed on both points. Ubishops is repetitive but boy does he give good conditions updates - perhaps overload sometimes

At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class

Instagram: http://instagram.com/sharon_and_lee
post #35 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 08:36 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Love the outdoors. Trying new things. And at night......BOGGLE!

[quote=Marc;604578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calixtomoon View Post

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with transparency by the mods, but threads calling into question their decisions seems a little over the top.
An email to the mods first, giving them a reasonable chance to respond, a follow-up email if necessary and maybe if you're being entirely ignored a thread.
At the end of the day though there likely will be times where the mods may not want to, or not be able to explain the entire rationale for their decisions, that's when we're going to need to remember that we picked these mods, and we did it for good reasons. That's where the trust part comes in.
Just to be clear because I may have been misunderstood...

I don't want to know or particularly care about the reasons for someone being banned (other than curiosity/nosiness), unless it's me, and do not expect moderators to explain their actions to me or the CT community, but, I think it's reasonable to have a method or procedure in place where lowly members are able to send a comment or complaint about a moderator or anyone else for that matter, and that it won't just end up in someone's trash bin (I once privately asked how to lodge a complaint about a member and never received any response at all--pre-moderators of course!).

Hopefully, if enough comments or complaints stack up about a particular person from multiple members over an extended period of time, someone with power will think it's worthy of at least taking a look considering a change.

Having said this, I can't really think of a reason why I would need to use a system like this unless moderators were deleting people random shotgun- style or something. But I still think a proper procedure for this is a good idea.

I agree that the moderators seem to be good people and were good choices. I hope everything works out well and that this site gets back to what it used to be.

Chaos, Panic & Disorder----my work here is done.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page