Support for Adding Photos to TR's - Page 5 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Rex
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking, scrambling and mountaineering.

Thanks for checking... I was using drag and drop on the post creation page... perhaps I should use the list load option.... will experiment on next post.

Photos: Flickr
Journal: Livetrails

Nothing worthwhile is easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Bump.... Is there a pic limit for trip reports? I'm getting "exceeding file limit" but I don't know if it's because too many pics, or if the total MB's of all the pics is too high. Can someone clarify please?
post #63 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 09:19 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Sack View Post
Bump.... Is there a pic limit for trip reports? I'm getting "exceeding file limit" but I don't know if it's because too many pics, or if the total MB's of all the pics is too high. Can someone clarify please?
When I posted my Baldwin Lakes trip report, the paper clip function only has 10 spots to add images so it may be the limit per post but I got around that by using the attachments to post more new photos rather than having it repeat the ones already posted. Make sure that you are in Advanced Mode (click on Go Advanced button). After you upload all the photos using the paperclip function scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says Additional Options; Attach Files, Click on "Manage Attachments" then a window pops up where you can attach more photos.
By the way, I usually resize my photos to around 1 MB for faster upload.
zeljkok likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks for the reply. The problem is actually uploading them, before even getting to the paper clip stage. It seems 40 is the limit for the drag and drop box. (that's a lot, I know...) In a previous TR I paperclipped 30 images, so I'm not sure about the 10 limit you mention. I don't just want to attach photos without being able to caption them.

Nor do I see an advanced mode when writing a TR.... I can see it on this page (I'm in advanced mode right now), but not when writing a TR. I think when writing a TR the default is advanced mode.
post #65 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

@Candy Sack just to clarify, what exactly are you having problems with? You are trying to attach these images with captions?

Fergus
post #66 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

My question was what is the picture limit for TR's? What causes the "exceeding file size" message-- too many pics, or too much MB's? Never mind the caption stuff.
post #67 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Administrator

That would be the actual size of the files/images you are trying to post. Are your images (individually) exceeding 10MB in size? What are the file types and size you are using? Are you uploading them from your phone or camera?

The newer phones have a much higher resolution therefore a bigger file size so you might need to resize them. Let us know what you're using and how you are uploading them - we'll go from there.

Here is a screenshot for the attachment key to know what the max file size for each file type (you need to scroll down the attachment manager window to see this):

Name:  ClubTreadattchsize.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  70.3 KB

Thanks,
Nate
post #68 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks for the response. I got it figured out. I just wanted to know if there was a pic limit, or file size limit.
post #69 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Glad to help. Let us know if you have any other issues.

- JB
post #70 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:13 PM
Hittin' the Trails

picture test
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Williams Pk.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	265806  

post #71 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Hi Samsquanch...

When you download (save) photos, use the paperclip icon to load up photos from your computer into CT. Load up to 10 pictures at a time (resize down to 1.5 MB first) makes downloading quicker. Once you are done loading all those pictures, next step is..

Add your narrative about a photo or group of photos in your text; then click on the exact spot where you want your photo to appear , i.e. below text, and then click on the paper clip icon, you will see a list of your photos showing their original photo #'s, click on the photo you want to place, and then enter. Then move your mouse down below and click on the next one you want to insert.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #72 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:42 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARVITK View Post
Hi Samsquanch...

When you download (save) photos, use the paperclip icon to load up photos from your computer into CT. Load up to 10 pictures at a time (resize down to 1.5 MB first) makes downloading quicker. Once you are done loading all those pictures, next step is..

Add your narrative about a photo or group of photos in your text; then click on the exact spot where you want your photo to appear , i.e. below text, and then click on the paper clip icon, you will see a list of your photos showing their original photo #'s, click on the photo you want to place, and then enter. Then move your mouse down below and click on the next one you want to insert.

K
thanks for your help. I've tried this a few times, still figuring it out. Ive figured out how to do the first ten photos. I haven't figured out how to add a new batch of ten photos after the first 10. when I remove the first ten and add a new set its still showing the original 10 photo names in the drop down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stitch2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	775.0 KB
ID:	265942  

post #73 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Administrator

You cant add any images past the first 10 in any reply as they overwrite each other. Each line is a placeholder.

- JB

admin..
post #74 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Good grief. Four and half years later admin still has not put out a proper tutorial.

Instead, new members like samsquanch have to shift through 5 pages of confusing and sometimes contradictory input from well meaning members.
post #75 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
You cant add any images past the first 10 in any reply as they overwrite each other. Each line is a placeholder.

- JB
haha ok thats why!
I read somewhere that there was a 40 photo limit for trip reports. But I only see the same 10 photo lines for making a trip report in the paper clip window. So am I correct when I say the paper clip is always restricted to 10 photos (for both replies and TR), and if you want to add more for a TR then you can go up to 40 with the drag and drop?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page