Support for Adding Photos to TR's - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 PM
RGB
Banned

Well, this thread is interesting but also confusing to read.
What we need is the tutorial that Candy said would be here. Better, a series of tutorials to explain, step by step, how to add photos to any post.

Posting photos from your computer, and posting photos from links. Both need explanation of the options for posting them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
Well, this thread is interesting but also confusing to read.
What we need is the tutorial that Candy said would be here.
Don't ask me, I had to ask Zeljkok.... In this thread I was seeking help, not offering it. I found the responses here helpful, but you are right that there has not been an "official" tutorial.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Off the Beaten Path

And an official tutorial would be a Very Good Thing for those of us who are still lurking around the outskirts, trying to decide if we want to spend 2 frustrating hours trying to upload a TR with pictures.
RGB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:51 AM
RGB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
Read this thread from the beginning and it explains both "methods".

To sum up: When you upload the "attachment", do a right-mouse click then Copy Image Location. Presence (or absence) of "thumbnail=1" in URL string indicates Full Image or Thumbnail. Edit it to get what ("method") you want.
When I R-click on the blue box after adding the photo to it, there is no option for Copy Image Location.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

I think they're refering to 'copy image url'.

What browser are you using?

~ LL, community support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	niuniu2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	13257  

admin..
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 12:47 AM
RGB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
I think they're refering to 'copy image url'.

What browser are you using?

~ LL, community support.
If you are referring to my post above this one, there is also no "copy image url". Copy Image Location should be the url for the image.

Firefox latest version.
post #22 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 05:29 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
When I R-click on the blue box after adding the photo to it, there is no option for Copy Image Location.
After dragging a photo to the blue box, hit 'preview post', click on the image thumbnail to enlarge, right click on the picture, click 'copy image url', click the 'go back' arrow, paste what you copied into the white message box and surround what you just pasted with img tags.

A lot of work compared to old CT, but this is what works for me using chrome.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 05:55 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by John and Katie View Post
After dragging a photo to the blue box, .......

A lot of work compared to old CT, but this is what works for me using chrome.
It is certainly a lot more bother to upload imagery to the new CT. Numerous mouse clicks and a more convoluted process. Indeed, while the old CT needed improvement I dare say there was not much demand for tutorials on image uploading, simply because it was pretty simple, if limited in scope. Add this clumsiness to the slow refreshes of the graphic intensive site, abundant advert scripts and large inline images ....well, it has pretty much killed CT for the dedicated mobile device user.

I'm a member of the Jeep Cherokee online club http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/forum.php and if you look at that site, you'll see it is identical to what we have at CT now. This format is not a bother for us on the Jeep forum. Why? because that site is primarily used for text based interaction whereas CT is very heavily image-centric.
post #24 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 06:06 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6response View Post
It is certainly a lot more bother to upload imagery to the new CT. Numerous mouse clicks and a more convoluted process. Indeed, while the old CT needed improvement I dare say there was not much demand for tutorials on image uploading, simply because it was pretty simple, if limited in scope. Add this clumsiness to the slow refreshes of the graphic intensive site, abundant advert scripts and large inline images ....well, it has pretty much killed CT for the dedicated mobile device user.

I'm a member of the Jeep Cherokee online club http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/forum.php and if you look at that site, you'll see it is identical to what we have at CT now. This format is not a bother for us on the Jeep forum. Why? because that site is primarily used for text based interaction whereas CT is very heavily image-centric.
I agree. I thought I would get used to this new CT, but it hasn't grown on me at all.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 06:20 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by John and Katie View Post
I agree. I thought I would get used to this new CT, but it hasn't grown on me at all.
From what i can see, the new team simply took a template approach to make a new CT. This stock formula is used elsewhere, as seen over on the Jeep Cherokee forum. It is IMO, a quick and dirty approach to web site construction and wholly inadequate for the type of online, image-crazy community that exists at CT.

It is true that text edit/manipulation is now a lot better, but CT is much more about the pics, the maps and the routes. Who doesn't love those pics of Katie on a mountain top?

I'd be more than willing to pay an annual fee to enable production of a more functional, image-friendly and mobile-usable site.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

Quote:
And if you want to have inline clickable thumb (old CT style), you have to nest "url" (outside) and "img" (inside) tags. For instance:

[dummy-url-tag=https://forums.clubtread.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8306&d=1418618769]
[dummy-img-tag]
https://forums.clubtread.com/attachme...1&d=1418618769
[/dummy-img-tag]
[/dummy-url-tag]
I tried my first TR using this method. For me, it worked like this:
[urltag=https://forums.clubtread.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8306&d=1418618769]
[imgtag]
https://forums.clubtread.com/attachme...chmentid=8306&thumb=1
[/img]
[/url]

Removing "tag" from above yields,

Kind of cumbersome, but can be done. (cute dog btw )
zeljkok likes this.
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Summit Master

Right on guntis; note that image URL is always the same it is the addition of "&thumb=1" string that tells parser how to display it (full-size or thumb).

I picked this up from FAQ they have published, but it is somewhat obscure & probably why most people have not seen it.

Last edited by zeljkok; 01-11-2015 at 09:54 PM.
post #28 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:16 PM
RGB
Banned

Thanks for the tips. But a problem I have with the new site is that sometimes after adding the photo attachment (even if very small in size such as 80KB), when I hit preview, the attachment disappears.

And it seems impossible to add a photo directly to the main pane (not the attachment pane).

I wonder if it some of these problems are due to when I want to replace a photo already posted with an edited version of it.
post #29 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Summit Master

You can't add photo to 'main pane' - only blue box. Think of blue box as resource container; basket that holds assets you can pull in/out into the main pane as needed.

Size has nothing to do with 'disappearance'. I have seen behavior you describe though - it is software refresh bug. If that happens, just drag another photo in and first will re-appear
post #30 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:42 PM
RGB
Banned

Quote:
You can't add photo to 'main pane' - only blue box. Think of blue box as resource container; basket that holds assets you can pull in/out into the main pane as needed.

Size has nothing to do with 'disappearance'. I have seen behavior you describe though - it is software refresh bug. If that happens, just drag another photo in and first will re-appear
OK thanks. But I have tried repeatedly to drag a photo in the blue box and always get error messages like:
"The text that you have entered is too long (188177 characters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long."
even if the photo is very small in size.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page