Support for Adding Photos to TR's - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 PM
RGB
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BC
Posts: 422
Default

Well, this thread is interesting but also confusing to read.
What we need is the tutorial that Candy said would be here. Better, a series of tutorials to explain, step by step, how to add photos to any post.

Posting photos from your computer, and posting photos from links. Both need explanation of the options for posting them.
RGB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top
 
Candy Sack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada.
Posts: 1,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
Well, this thread is interesting but also confusing to read.
What we need is the tutorial that Candy said would be here.
Don't ask me, I had to ask Zeljkok.... In this thread I was seeking help, not offering it. I found the responses here helpful, but you are right that there has not been an "official" tutorial.
Candy Sack is offline  
post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Off the Beaten Path
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Powell River, BC, .
Posts: 609
Default

And an official tutorial would be a Very Good Thing for those of us who are still lurking around the outskirts, trying to decide if we want to spend 2 frustrating hours trying to upload a TR with pictures.
RGB likes this.
susied is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:51 AM
RGB
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BC
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
Read this thread from the beginning and it explains both "methods".

To sum up: When you upload the "attachment", do a right-mouse click then Copy Image Location. Presence (or absence) of "thumbnail=1" in URL string indicates Full Image or Thumbnail. Edit it to get what ("method") you want.
When I R-click on the blue box after adding the photo to it, there is no option for Copy Image Location.
RGB is offline  
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Administrator
 
VSadmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.
Posts: 407
Default

I think they're refering to 'copy image url'.

What browser are you using?

~ LL, community support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	niuniu2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	13257  


admin..
VSadmin is offline  
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 12:47 AM
RGB
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BC
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
I think they're refering to 'copy image url'.

What browser are you using?

~ LL, community support.
If you are referring to my post above this one, there is also no "copy image url". Copy Image Location should be the url for the image.

Firefox latest version.
RGB is offline  
post #22 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 05:29 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
John and Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
When I R-click on the blue box after adding the photo to it, there is no option for Copy Image Location.
After dragging a photo to the blue box, hit 'preview post', click on the image thumbnail to enlarge, right click on the picture, click 'copy image url', click the 'go back' arrow, paste what you copied into the white message box and surround what you just pasted with img tags.

A lot of work compared to old CT, but this is what works for me using chrome.
John and Katie is offline  
post #23 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 05:55 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
xj6response's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John and Katie View Post
After dragging a photo to the blue box, .......

A lot of work compared to old CT, but this is what works for me using chrome.
It is certainly a lot more bother to upload imagery to the new CT. Numerous mouse clicks and a more convoluted process. Indeed, while the old CT needed improvement I dare say there was not much demand for tutorials on image uploading, simply because it was pretty simple, if limited in scope. Add this clumsiness to the slow refreshes of the graphic intensive site, abundant advert scripts and large inline images ....well, it has pretty much killed CT for the dedicated mobile device user.

I'm a member of the Jeep Cherokee online club http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/forum.php and if you look at that site, you'll see it is identical to what we have at CT now. This format is not a bother for us on the Jeep forum. Why? because that site is primarily used for text based interaction whereas CT is very heavily image-centric.
xj6response is offline  
post #24 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 06:06 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
John and Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6response View Post
It is certainly a lot more bother to upload imagery to the new CT. Numerous mouse clicks and a more convoluted process. Indeed, while the old CT needed improvement I dare say there was not much demand for tutorials on image uploading, simply because it was pretty simple, if limited in scope. Add this clumsiness to the slow refreshes of the graphic intensive site, abundant advert scripts and large inline images ....well, it has pretty much killed CT for the dedicated mobile device user.

I'm a member of the Jeep Cherokee online club http://jeepcherokeeclub.com/forum.php and if you look at that site, you'll see it is identical to what we have at CT now. This format is not a bother for us on the Jeep forum. Why? because that site is primarily used for text based interaction whereas CT is very heavily image-centric.
I agree. I thought I would get used to this new CT, but it hasn't grown on me at all.
John and Katie is offline  
post #25 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 06:20 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
xj6response's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John and Katie View Post
I agree. I thought I would get used to this new CT, but it hasn't grown on me at all.
From what i can see, the new team simply took a template approach to make a new CT. This stock formula is used elsewhere, as seen over on the Jeep Cherokee forum. It is IMO, a quick and dirty approach to web site construction and wholly inadequate for the type of online, image-crazy community that exists at CT.

It is true that text edit/manipulation is now a lot better, but CT is much more about the pics, the maps and the routes. Who doesn't love those pics of Katie on a mountain top?

I'd be more than willing to pay an annual fee to enable production of a more functional, image-friendly and mobile-usable site.
xj6response is offline  
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Smurf Village, BC, Canada.
Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things
Posts: 2,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
And if you want to have inline clickable thumb (old CT style), you have to nest "url" (outside) and "img" (inside) tags. For instance:

[dummy-url-tag=https://forums.clubtread.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8306&d=1418618769]
[dummy-img-tag]
https://forums.clubtread.com/attachme...1&d=1418618769
[/dummy-img-tag]
[/dummy-url-tag]
I tried my first TR using this method. For me, it worked like this:
[urltag=https://forums.clubtread.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8306&d=1418618769]
[imgtag]
https://forums.clubtread.com/attachme...chmentid=8306&thumb=1
[/img]
[/url]

Removing "tag" from above yields,


Kind of cumbersome, but can be done. (cute dog btw )
zeljkok likes this.
guntis is offline  
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Summit Master
 
zeljkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Behind the Face Mask
Posts: 4,451
Default

Right on guntis; note that image URL is always the same it is the addition of "&thumb=1" string that tells parser how to display it (full-size or thumb).

I picked this up from FAQ they have published, but it is somewhat obscure & probably why most people have not seen it.

Last edited by zeljkok; 01-11-2015 at 09:54 PM.
zeljkok is online now  
post #28 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:16 PM
RGB
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BC
Posts: 422
Default

Thanks for the tips. But a problem I have with the new site is that sometimes after adding the photo attachment (even if very small in size such as 80KB), when I hit preview, the attachment disappears.

And it seems impossible to add a photo directly to the main pane (not the attachment pane).

I wonder if it some of these problems are due to when I want to replace a photo already posted with an edited version of it.
RGB is offline  
post #29 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Summit Master
 
zeljkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Behind the Face Mask
Posts: 4,451
Default

You can't add photo to 'main pane' - only blue box. Think of blue box as resource container; basket that holds assets you can pull in/out into the main pane as needed.

Size has nothing to do with 'disappearance'. I have seen behavior you describe though - it is software refresh bug. If that happens, just drag another photo in and first will re-appear
zeljkok is online now  
post #30 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:42 PM
RGB
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: BC
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
You can't add photo to 'main pane' - only blue box. Think of blue box as resource container; basket that holds assets you can pull in/out into the main pane as needed.

Size has nothing to do with 'disappearance'. I have seen behavior you describe though - it is software refresh bug. If that happens, just drag another photo in and first will re-appear
OK thanks. But I have tried repeatedly to drag a photo in the blue box and always get error messages like:
"The text that you have entered is too long (188177 characters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long."
even if the photo is very small in size.
RGB is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1