Site Moderator Nominations - New Thread - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default Site Moderator Nominations - New Thread

Hello all,

Per this thread we are going to take some open nominations for moderators for the site.
https://forums.clubtread.com/9-site-f...oderators.html

Lets stay on stay on topic and just use this link from Rachelo to nominate people.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16Mm...clzIc/viewform

Once we have nomination we will ask those people if they want to be mods, then move forward with voting them in and training them. Here is the basic mod training of rules we will follow, slight adjustments can be made:

https://forums.clubtread.com/9-site-f...od-thread.html

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: hiking, backpacking, scrambling, climbing

When will nominations close?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 02:12 AM
RGB
Banned

I thought we were going to use the poll function on CT. I don't want to use Google. Probably I cannot use that form because I block Google cookies.
Oh I suppose I could go to a library computer and do it, if I have to.

Last edited by RGB; 12-04-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelo View Post
When will nominations close?
@Rachelo

Do this work for you still?
"I would suggest the poll closes at the end of next weekend? Sunday night, and then take up to the workweek for me to check in with nominees and allow people to accept or decline before we post the voting."
https://forums.clubtread.com/560009-post76.html

Jeff
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
I thought we were going to use the poll function on CT. I don't want to use Google. Probably I cannot use that form because I block Google cookies.
Oh I suppose I could go to a library computer and do it, if I have to.
This is just for nominations, then we have to see if they are interested, then we will do a Poll on CT to finally vote them in.

Sound fair?

Jeff
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

I'd suggest giving users a full week to catch those who might not have been here so much this week.

RGB, if you really don't like the google product, if you PM me your nominations, I'll add them to the list for you. If that would be a simple solution for this, since it's just an accumulating list.
VS Jeff likes this.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
I'd suggest giving users a full week to catch those who might not have been here so much this week.

RGB, if you really don't like the google product, if you PM me your nominations, I'll add them to the list for you. If that would be a simple solution for this, since it's just an accumulating list.
That works for me.

Jeff
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 02:06 AM
RGB
Banned

Please state the exact date and time of the close of nominations.
"I would suggest the poll closes at the end of next weekend? Sunday night,"
is not as clear as it should be. Dec. 7 or 14?

I'll try to remember to go to the nearest public library, I live near one anyway. But thanks for the PM suggestion.
(I don't like working with Google, even though they do some good things, like gmaps, because for example their infamous PREF cookie is a kind of supercookie that tracks online behaviour to get a profile of users, and this cookie is very hard to remove from your computer.)

Funny that CT has stopped sending me email notifications of new posts on my subscribed threads such as this one. Did I do something to my user cp that stopped the notifications?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Please state the exact date and time of the close of nominations.
"I would suggest the poll closes at the end of next weekend? Sunday night,"
is not as clear as it should be. Dec. 7 or 14?

I'll try to remember to go to the nearest public library, I live near one anyway. But thanks for the PM suggestion.
(I don't like working with Google, even though they do some good things, like gmaps, because for example their infamous PREF cookie is a kind of supercookie that tracks online behaviour to get a profile of users, and this cookie is very hard to remove from your computer.)

Funny that CT has stopped sending me email notifications of new posts on my subscribed threads such as this one. Did I do something to my user cp that stopped the notifications?
That's up to Jeff. Back when I had suggested that, it was on a weekend, so the end of next weekend was pretty clear (7th).
But then we didn't get it kicking until mid-week, so I suggested people get at least a full week, like I had been suggesting with the date.
Jeff didn't clarify, so I was just going to leave things until we have a specific.

Maybe I should just say the poll closes at midnight on Sunday, 14th December unless Jeff clarifies with something else?

After people requested, CT stopped automatically subscribing you to threads when you posted. But I was already subscribed to a couple of threads at that time, and I have still gotten all replies from them show up. I have also seen the new threads I have subscribed to. I'm not sure why yours is not working.
Sorry, just clued in that it was the email notification you were missing. I've had that turned off so I can't compare. Maybe that was removed as a default when subscribing was no longer done by default? When I subscribe to a thread, I see the options for being emailed and such, but I can't see any options to change the settings on current subscriptions.

Last edited by Rachelo; 12-07-2014 at 12:23 PM.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 10:09 PM
RGB
Banned

OK thanks.
Subscribed threads have resumed email notification.

Reading the "Sample Mod training Manual: to reference Mod Thread" post:

Question about moderators: do they have access to all member's User Control Panel? Can they view all details of a members information here?

RE: IP addresses: these can be hidden via Tor, proxies, etc.
Also, IP addresses can change if members post from smartphones, libraries, other countries...
and when their home computers have their IP address changed.

Are mods able to see MAC addresses?

Last edited by RGB; 12-08-2014 at 06:42 PM.
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
That's up to Jeff. Back when I had suggested that, it was on a weekend, so the end of next weekend was pretty clear (7th).
But then we didn't get it kicking until mid-week, so I suggested people get at least a full week, like I had been suggesting with the date.
Jeff didn't clarify, so I was just going to leave things until we have a specific.

Maybe I should just say the poll closes at midnight on Sunday, 14th December unless Jeff clarifies with something else?

After people requested, CT stopped automatically subscribing you to threads when you posted. But I was already subscribed to a couple of threads at that time, and I have still gotten all replies from them show up. I have also seen the new threads I have subscribed to. I'm not sure why yours is not working.
Sorry, just clued in that it was the email notification you were missing. I've had that turned off so I can't compare. Maybe that was removed as a default when subscribing was no longer done by default? When I subscribe to a thread, I see the options for being emailed and such, but I can't see any options to change the settings on current subscriptions.
True, lets run it until Sunday the 14th EOD to give people more time to catch up and get in submissions.

Jeff
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
OK thanks.
Subscribed threads have resumed email notification.

Reading the "Sample Mod training Manual: to reference Mod Thread" post:

Question about moderators: do they have access to all member's User Control Panel? Can they view all details of a members information here?

RE: IP addresses: these can be hidden via Tor, proxies, etc.
Also, IP addresses can change if members post from smartphones, libraries, other countries...
and when their home computers have their IP address changed.

Are you able to see MAC addresses?
Mods can see IP addresses and basic user info, not PM's or anything that should be secure.

Jeff
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 07:31 PM
RGB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Jeff View Post
Mods can see IP addresses and basic user info, not PM's or anything that should be secure.

Jeff
Please clarify what mods can see in members User CP:

- Email address

- Password

- Date of birth

- Instant messaging info

- Contacts and friends

In addition, are moderators required to disclose to Admins their real names and other personal info to identify them?
And are they required to sign some form to the effect that they will not disclose information about CT members that is not already visible to all members?
post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Banned

Thanks for asking for clarification RGB, as I was wondering the same. I think this needs to be clear.

Not sure how others feel, but I don't see why mods have access to information that is not public. I skimmed through most of the mod manual and their roles and responsibilities seem way too overextended to me, going beyond the "light moderation" most of us want.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Sack View Post
Thanks for asking for clarification RGB, as I was wondering the same. I think this needs to be clear.

Not sure how others feel, but I don't see why mods have access to information that is not public. I skimmed through most of the mod manual and their roles and responsibilities seem way too overextended to me, going beyond the "light moderation" most of us want.
This new system is a fairly standard web forum template. The mod tools of infractions escalating to temp bans and then ip bans is quite the big brother control system.

I used to post on some boards that had moderators who couldn't handle tone very well. They grew to love the ban hammer with permanent infractions. And as per the mod manual posted here, the site administrator and other mods are expected to circle the wagon in support of moderator actions.
Doesn't tend to generate community from the lesser classes sometimes. just an opinion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page