Photo referencing within Trip Reports - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Default Photo referencing within Trip Reports

Something I used to do was reference photos that people had loaded in a TR, I think it would make my comments more relevant to the specific photo. In the case below, it would make my comment about the gully more relevant to include that photo in my comment.

https://forums.clubtread.com/34-alber...corn-lake.html

This used to be done by opening the photo to be referenced and cut and paste the image reference tag (my terminology is likely all wrong) - if memory serves it would be something like [CT1234CT] and then the image would appear in the reply.

Is that still possible, if so how is it done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Interest: Poutine-lovin', maple syrup junkie.

An easy option to reference a photo I find is to open it>right click>copy image url>and then paste it using the image insert button

KN Community Support
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 11:15 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Climbing

Thanks, so you can hot link the pictures again. Great, that is an improvement for sure!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

I must be doing something wrong as I can only get the image to load full screen and would prefer to show a clickable thumbnail - same as the original photo.

attaching a screen capture of my right click options.
Attached Images

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 03:21 PM
High on the Mountain Top

You can make them hotlink to the bigger photo as well, thats nice. Still no video though?

[video:youtube]v=V1P97VVt6_k[/video]

Last edited by J Mace; 11-20-2014 at 03:31 PM.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Administrator

To post youtube videos all you need to do is click on the insert URL button and then copy and paste the youtube video's URL into it. Make sure to remove the s from https so it's just http.

Enjoy the corgi vacuuming and have a great day!

~Km, community support
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

My last post was not addressed

With regards to how to load YouTube stuff, there's one for an FYI section which apparently we need. Or FAQ, whatever works for ya.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 11:42 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Sorry, I see you want a thumbnail for a photo that you didnt upload. In other forums you would just link back to the users gallery.

Sorry for the hijack
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
I must be doing something wrong as I can only get the image to load full screen and would prefer to show a clickable thumbnail - same as the original photo.

attaching a screen capture of my right click options.
Quote:
My last post was not addressed

With regards to how to load YouTube stuff, there's one for an FYI section which apparently we need. Or FAQ, whatever works for ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mace View Post
Sorry, I see you want a thumbnail for a photo that you didnt upload. In other forums you would just link back to the users gallery.

Sorry for the hijack
Sodbuster what browser are you using, also if the image opens full screen like that just copy the link at the top in the web bar and insert that as mentioned above

KN
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

J Mace: no worries about the thread drift - your comments were relevant, going into galleries and messing around helped me to figure out a few things.
____

I was using Firefox, but switched to Chrome - now I see the "copy URL" in my right click options.

Your instructions:
open it>right click>copy image url>and then paste it using the image insert button --- this gives the result of a full screen photo

Same as above but a right click on the thumbnail (instead of the opened image) gives me the result below, a thumbnail, as I wanted, but not clickable to open the full original photo. Once a thread is several pages deep it makes it tedious for users to have to back to the original thumbnail in order to open the desired photo. I could put in the link but that's an extra, hopefully unnecessary, step.

So we are getting there. Perhaps the images are handled differently than previously and this isn't resolvable the way I've described, in which case I'll figure out a workaround that suits me.

____

A further aside, previously when building a trip report, photos, once loaded, would show up as little bit of code or tag in the TR and that tag could be moved around to make the photos appear 'inline' with the text. Grabbing that tag when commenting or replying allowed that photo to be referenced as a clickable thumbnail. Hopefully that makes sense.
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
J Mace: no worries about the thread drift - your comments were relevant, going into galleries and messing around helped me to figure out a few things.
____

I was using Firefox, but switched to Chrome - now I see the "copy URL" in my right click options.

Your instructions:
open it>right click>copy image url>and then paste it using the image insert button --- this gives the result of a full screen photo

Same as above but a right click on the thumbnail (instead of the opened image) gives me the result below, a thumbnail, as I wanted, but not clickable to open the full original photo. Once a thread is several pages deep it makes it tedious for users to have to back to the original thumbnail in order to open the desired photo. I could put in the link but that's an extra, hopefully unnecessary, step.

So we are getting there. Perhaps the images are handled differently than previously and this isn't resolvable the way I've described, in which case I'll figure out a workaround that suits me.

____

A further aside, previously when building a trip report, photos, once loaded, would show up as little bit of code or tag in the TR and that tag could be moved around to make the photos appear 'inline' with the text. Grabbing that tag when commenting or replying allowed that photo to be referenced as a clickable thumbnail. Hopefully that makes sense.
Looking at it it seems you linked the thumbnail image, the instructions I gave will put the image as full screen as a possible before the resizers kick in. Then it becomes clickable yes. But it won't be a thumbnail.

Your Inline text tag is still a thing, when attaching an image click the paperclip and select the image that will give the text. If you quote with the inline tag it should appear. As a link possibly though. The [IMG] tags are still your best bet as they can also be combined with [URL] tags to make a link to the post as well.
Hope this makes sense

KN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page