Moderators - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Professional Rock Licker
Default Moderators

The site should have moderators to ensure forum rules are being followed. Overall there aren't that many issues here but there is still a need for mod work from time to time. Like fixing the double posting and incorrect forum that the two posts below are in.

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=63041

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=63040
guntis likes this.

if you're not hiking you should be skiing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 01:15 AM
RGB
Banned

I agree. But who are the mods and how to contact them? This should be clearly indicated.
Also is it possible for a member to block viewing posts from another member?
guntis and tinman610 like this.

Last edited by RGB; 11-27-2014 at 01:41 AM.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Hello all,

I was going to suggest a few mods to keep an eye on stuff like that, control spam, and be able to help voice the key concerns of the community. It always helps to have a small management team on a site that can give me a clear and concise status on key issues that need to be addressed.

We normally choose members that are very active, well received by the community, and able to act in a fair and just manor. If we have some thoughts on who we might like to see in this role let me know and I can work to get them setup and trained on best practices.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
guntis and tinman610 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

Moderators are like politicians - those who most want the job are the least suited for it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 01:11 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
Moderators are like politicians - those who most want the job are the least suited for it.
yeah, kind of true

Perhaps a community nomination period followed by an anonymous poll (ensuring only 1 vote per person).
calixtomoon, tinman610 and 61146 like this.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntis View Post
yeah, kind of true

Perhaps a community nomination period followed by an anonymous poll (ensuring only 1 vote per person).
Its your guys call, let me know how I can assist.

Jeff
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Since Dru put his hand up....
I think he would make a great moderator, he is a long time respected member who knows the community well and he has always been very helpful and knowledgeable when members ask questions in the forum. That... and he probably want's the job the least....

Scott
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: sharing and gaining knowledge

I've been following CT for quite few years now without being a member up until i joined recently. I always enjoyed dru's TR's and his willingness to help with information regarding the back-country. He seems to know a lot of mountaineering history as well, especially from BC. So i vote for Dru as well.

“Nature is always hinting at us. It hints over and over again. And suddenly we take the hint.” - Robert Frost
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Summit Master

Dru is right; why does someone want to be a politician in the first place? It's a power thing

That being said, in my view site does need light moderation. Most of the time it is ok as it is, but every once awhile (more often at rain periods, when people are edgy) things go a little crazy and it really hurts the site. My vote would be for 3 long time members that could split the duty, perhaps along following lines:

Dru - tongue in cheek, cut the crap in root --> Lodge discussions, eliminate redundancy (i.e 100 separate Wedge/Joffre Lakes/Panorama threads in a month, etc)

simonc - Knows coast better than anyone. General TR validity and integrity (as this is flagship forum) Redirect posts wrongly posted in TR forum, etc.

Aqua Terra - General. Images (no memory card dumps). Friendly, diplomatic, cares about the site

Alberta side doesn't really need any moderation as it is much less busy.
Mr. B, W.C-hiker and alpinehiker like this.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 05:41 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, skiing, camping, SAR, Canadian Rangers (army reserve)

+1 for Dru and/or SimonC..
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

I think anyone who moderates also ought to be paid
runningclouds and W.C-hiker like this.
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Banned

Zeljkok, your bias is showing here. Lots of people have said they enjoy the "redundant" TR's (I know who you're thinking of... you've called him out before). Also, getting into TR integrity and validity is a can of worms I doubt we should open. TR's come in many forms, and while I'm a firm believer that some TR's suck, I don't think we should have a moderator deciding which ones are vaild or not. Good TR's stand out by getting a lot of views and comments.
runningclouds likes this.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Politicians are like diapers...they should be changed often, usually for the same reason.
post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
Dru is right; why does someone want to be a politician in the first place? It's a power thing

That being said, in my view site does need light moderation. Most of the time it is ok as it is, but every once awhile (more often at rain periods, when people are edgy) things go a little crazy and it really hurts the site. My vote would be for 3 long time members that could split the duty, perhaps along following lines:

Dru - tongue in cheek, cut the crap in root --> Lodge discussions, eliminate redundancy (i.e 100 separate Wedge/Joffre Lakes/Panorama threads in a month, etc)

simonc - Knows coast better than anyone. General TR validity and integrity (as this is flagship forum) Redirect posts wrongly posted in TR forum, etc.

Aqua Terra - General. Images (no memory card dumps). Friendly, diplomatic, cares about the site

Alberta side doesn't really need any moderation as it is much less busy.
In my opinion these participants are not suited to be moderators. They either don't believe the site rules need to be followed, and/or take sides, and/or post trite garbage.

Meet you at DYE-II?
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

Since your harrassment drove a previous moderator to quit using the site, I strongly doubt that your opinion on moderation styles or on who should moderate is unbiased, Steve.
tinbasher and W.C-hiker like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page