Moderators - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Summit Master

To this list I suggest seawallrunner, who i believe has moderated www.nwhikers.net. If she is still a mod there she may be too busy to work here too. At least she has experience.

Thank you RGB for the recommendation, much obliged - but indeed I am much too busy to be of service on ClubTread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Simonc, Mick Range, Thecamel, Guntis, Massiar, Kanike, Karvitk and Darren (didn't realize he was not mod anymore) in no particular order.

I would also like a 3 strikes you are out rule applied or something similar.
post #33 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Terra View Post
thanks guys
I don't mind pitching in as "an unauthorized mod" here and there for shits nd giggles and keep the site friendlier, on track or just more flowing in the right direction.

My full time job is to run a large crew in a 3million annual repair biz in a tight and profitable manner. Modding CT would definitely put me into a spot of questionable no nonsense interactions and house cleaning, many want this, and some would cry rivers, but I'd have to say "no thanks" at this time
Hopefully the new owners have greater aspirations for the site than "shits and giggles". Such as would be appealing to more women and advertisers.

Meet you at DYE-II?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
Steve, the reason I increased the size of this is because this is EXACTLY what you did to me. If you'd like me to do a screen capture of your email and share it here, let me know.
I'm not sure I have all our correspondence on this matter, but here's what I have. So all can judge for themselves whether I was harassing you with empty and baseless legal threats.

Sent on Aug. 18, 2014

Quote:
Hello Darren,

In https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=63362 Farmer has posted an accusation that I'm stalking him on Facebook. Stalking falls under the crime of cyberstalking. A false accusation of stalking is defamatory. More than a day ago I demanded that he remove this accusation. He has not, and I request moderator intervention.

Regards, Steve Grant
Darren's response:

Quote:
Steve

I'll take care of it. Can you please stop posting threads like that and just email me any problems. That's easier.

Thanks
Darren
Sent on Oct. 30, 2014
Quote:
Darren,

Farmer has again posted comments directed at me that are obscene and defamatory. I request that you remove them asap. https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...97&whichpage=9

"So I see you've found someone new to have a hard-on for Steve. I figured the last time you made an ass out of yourself was enough. What's wrong, my facebook pictures didn't provide you with enough entertainment?

I also see you have no understanding of how google ads work. Let me help you out on that. They are based on search / browser history. So while you spend all day searching for conspiracy theories about oil companies, and see oil ads, your ex's likely see ads for lawyers who can get restraining orders on creeps like you."

These comments go beyond the insults commonly seen in online discussions. These repeated comments are a sign of a mentally disturbed person.

Combined with that is the fact this person has posted on Facebook pictures of himself posing with an assault rifle and a pistol. While there probably is nothing to worry about, these circumstances are exactly the “warning signs” seen prior to violent acts by disturbed people. You need to consider the consequences for yourself and ClubTread should anything come of this, especially since you have had clear warning.

A few months ago, I reported to you previous instances of this sort of post by the same person and directed at me. You asked me to leave it in your hands and that you would deal with it. A post like this by the same person was never removed, and now there is this even more serious post.

At the very least, you have a responsibility to enforce CT's Rules. Posts of this sort will result in people deciding they don't need to participate in a forum that allows such offensive material.

Steve Grant
While I certainly had legal action in mind, I also had concern for my personal safety and the damage to CT's reputation should it have been hosting menacing content leading up to an unfortunate event.

Darren's response:
Quote:
Steve,

Lovely email.

I have nothing to do with CT anymore. I quit as a moderator a long time ago, mainly because you kept sending me stupid emails and threatening to potentially sue me.

So, basically, you can direct your veiled threats about potential lawsuits to someone else. To somehow insinuate that I, or CT, could be held liable if Farmer were to do something crazy is as ridiculous as it sounds when you say it out loud a few times.

So, in short, **** off.

Take care,
Darren
(the pm contained a word in place of ****)

Meet you at DYE-II?
post #35 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 06:21 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Hey Steve,

Here's a screen grab of what you sent me with the good parts highlighted. I'll let everyone decide what they think of your email.

All the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 3.14.44 PM.png
Views:	183
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	4305  

post #36 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

Thanks Darren.

Quote:
Hey Steve,

Here's a screen grab of what you sent me with the good parts highlighted. I'll let everyone decide what they think of your email.

All the best.
Steve - you need to learn to chill out just a touch.
tinbasher likes this.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
~ John Burroughs
post #37 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 06:49 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Good grief. This thread is going to need a LOT more popcorn.

Blucruisin and Masiar like this.
post #38 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Hey Steve,

All the best.
Your depiction that I was repeatedly threatening you personally with unjustified lawsuits is not supported by any of this. Show me where I threatened you personally, as opposed to the website. My concern for you personally was that in the unlikely event that something unfortunate did happen, it would be on your conscience that you had the power to intervene and did not.

The fact you went running with your tail between your legs in reaction to something that was mostly a product of your own imaginings, rather than doing your job by getting the offensive posts off the site, says enough about you.

Whether you have the ability to distinguish between what's defamatory or not, there's no question that you as a moderator had the duty to delete such grossly offensive posts. You did not. Plain and simple. Stand up like an adult and take responsibility for your failure.

Meet you at DYE-II?
post #39 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky View Post
Thanks Darren.

Steve - you need to learn to chill out just a touch.
You're probably right, and that's why I've been in a reactive mode on this. But you're not in my shoes and neither I nor you knows how seriously to take the menacing comments. Remember there was another one about thousands of rounds of ammo.

I admint to having a thing about people who repeatedly post obscene and defamatory attacks on me, especially when the person is from this area, knows who I am and has posted online posing photos of himself posing with an AK-47 and a pistol. My family might also have such concerns. I also have a thing about people having no problem with those posts, but are troubled by me objecting to them. Just seems a bit odd.

Meet you at DYE-II?
post #40 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 07:46 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Wow, this thread turned into a shitshow.

An fyi, someone mentioned a 3 strikes rule. Vbulletin has options so a mod can sanction a poster, and limit their ability to post for a set period of time, with subsequent infractions leading to a banned account.

For example, an infraction could lead to losing the ability to post in a specific subforum for 30 days, and any further infractions during that 30 day period could result in a banning.
post #41 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

A few comments...

I think that any truly serious threats ought to be reported to the police or handled legally, Steve. A site moderator could not do a lot to help if the situation were really dangerous. Some of the veiled and not so veiled threats you are talking about are and were way out of line, whether they were only meant in jest or not, I don't mind saying.

Quite honestly, a lot of you guys, and I do mean guys, who spend an inordinate amount of time in Conservation Corner really do just like to argue. Most of you are reasonably intelligent and or passionate about what you're talking about, but you really do enjoy a good verbal joust, no? I think you know that the discussion is going to deteriorate 90% of the time anyway, so you shouldn't be surprised.

KC, those are good mod features. they could have been used to lock out pretty much all of us in that infamous hockey thread a couple years back, me included. The point being there are some topics that sometimes people can't handle, and select forum lockouts could help with that issue.

Last edited by mick range; 11-27-2014 at 11:40 PM.
post #42 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgRant View Post
Hopefully the new owners have greater aspirations for the site than "shits and giggles". Such as would be appealing to more women and advertisers.

Ahh steve, sorry man you just need professional help OK Dude, shits and giggles might do you some good once in awhile, its a freaking message board and most hang out and share backcountry experiences and post T/R's to share with others and have fun doing it.

If you don't like it, SIGN OFF AND LEAVE PERMANENTLY
post #43 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 11:30 PM
Scaling New Heights

WoW! I thought this thread was about finding Moderators ? But it seems like its
"all about Steve" and how CT has failed him.

I like the 3 strike rule
And Moderators should be paid to put up with some of the **** that goes on here.
And maybe 6 month or 1 year terms, renewable on a yearly vote.

Follow is for sgRant:
Steve If your going to be an outspoken person on a forum then you need to expect a few *pebbles to be thrown your way , if you can't handle that then the "sand box" of the internet is not a place to hang out. ( if your going to throw a punch expect to be punched back)
By no means are you innocent in all this.

For example just from this topic …
sgRant: The fact you went running with your tail between your legs in reaction to something that was mostly a product of your own imaginings, rather than doing your job by getting the offensive posts off the site, says enough about you.

Whether you have the ability to distinguish between what's defamatory or not, there's no question that you as a moderator had the duty to delete such grossly offensive posts. You did not. Plain and simple. Stand up like an adult and take responsibility for your failure.

It just seems like you always need to have the last word, or if someones views are different then yours then theirs is wrong.

*If someone physically threatened you or your families safety then contact the appropriate people…. the law, but all they would tell you is they can't do anything but talk to the person until such threat is acted on.

But name calling... , like Spunky said , you need to Chill out.
post #44 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 12:46 AM
High on the Mountain Top

As the kids are prone to saying these days, "WTF?"

Just popped in here to find out who our moderators might be, only to see fecal matter splattered across the thread

sigh....

post #45 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Summit Master

Guess its not a Fiscal matter then. Fecal matter works too .
alpinehiker likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page