ClubTread Community - View Single Post - H/FC/C = Hope / Fraser Canyon / Coquihalla Sasquatch Peak & Mount Hicks March 4, 2021

Thread: H/FC/C = Hope / Fraser Canyon / Coquihalla Sasquatch Peak & Mount Hicks March 4, 2021
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2021, 06:45 PM
KARVITK
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
That's a good post. There is no 'right' or more or less worthy way to explore outdoors. I just learned, based on my own experience, that being obsessed with certain goal ('must touch that summit cairn or the day was wasted') defies the purpose of going out to feel good and enjoy the nature. It was a peak here in Rockies, I had hard time getting up, eventually did & spent all my summit break worrying if I'll be able to safely climb down. Like having deadline at work. Screw that, why are you doing it to yourself.

Nowdays I prefer exploring by far. If I can scramble something along the way fine, but if I don't that's fine too. But getting into beautiful area where everything is new and exciting, that really pushes my buttons. I.e never did Stein traverse. Or Sigurd loop. Or Seagram Lakes. Or looking at Van Island and whole bag of riches called Strathcona. Traverse from Bedwell Lakes over Cream Lake to Della Falls. Or epic 'beach' hikes like Nootka. Really must do Nootka. etc etc
Same here, .. I especially like new places, and happy to hike regardless of conditions. repeat it for a sunny for photos, I love combining photography and hiking. Had some companions so peak-baggging driven.......it was no fun, and felt the point was missed.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome