ClubTread Community - View Single Post - H/FC/C = Hope / Fraser Canyon / Coquihalla Sasquatch Peak & Mount Hicks March 4, 2021

Thread: H/FC/C = Hope / Fraser Canyon / Coquihalla Sasquatch Peak & Mount Hicks March 4, 2021
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2021, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Spectrum
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
There will be a point when you will realize how chasing lists and summits is pointless. First you can never get them all, and second and more important is that by chasing lists you are so focused on destination that you don't enjoy or even notice the journey. You have Song, think youngest ever to complete list of 11000' in Rockies; this is mind numbing achievement that demands nothing but utmost respect, but I doubt he enjoyed any of it. I've been to many areas he used for approach; these are places of utmost beauty you can simply sit and spend whole day being happy and doing nothing, yet he labels them as "boring" and "slogs" because of blind chase to put another notch in his belt

I was chasing Kane list (same as Gunn, but for Rockies) at a time; I stopped about 2/3 of the way when I realized this. Or to put it the other way: I find visit to Table Meadows and circumventing Garibaldi Lake much more rewarding outdoor experience than suffering trash up Helm peak, just because Helm is in Scrambles book. You are not there now, but you will be. Song might never though, unless he first climbs all the peaks on the planet

Great report, as always

You bring up some very good points that are valid. All I know is I will finish the book but it's not a #1 priority. Hence why you will still find me doing little trips like these and why it's taken me so long. If I have a good partner to go out with, I will just say sure let's go do this random peak, it's going to be sunny and enjoy their company and the day no matter how lowly the mountain is.

My girlfriend is more about just being out there and not peak driven, maybe she will rub off on me.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome