ClubTread Community - View Single Post - S2S = Sea to Sky Skyline Ridge (Squamish Gondola)

Thread: S2S = Sea to Sky Skyline Ridge (Squamish Gondola)
View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2021, 05:08 PM
KARVITK
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
The gate is at 49.68051,-123.12036, 770m elev? about 1.4km walk to the upper gondola station. We have parked here a couple of times, there is room for a few cars. I would expect the current condition of the 4x4 road to be quite icy now. I haven't heard of any problems heading up on the road this way while the gondola has been closed.

Speaking of gondola, I heard they have installed the new cable and have 4 cars on the line that weren't destroyed. So hopefully it will be open by summer. I think we'll buy passes this year, it's been a while since I've hiked up there and there is such great terrain.

Excellent news, Martin.

Hope they have much better security and monitoring in the future, to determine who were the vandals if they were to try again.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome