ClubTread Community - View Single Post - How heavy is your pack?

View Single Post
post #57 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2021, 01:10 PM
FamilyGuy
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

I have been using an EE quilt for about a year now. Previous to that, I used quilts from Golite, MLD, and Jacks R Better. I also have a Feathered Friends Flicker.

I am in love with this quilt. Outstanding quality and almost fully customizable. Regardless of your physical width, get the wide. More flexibility for 2 oz more. Using a quilt is a bit of an art, however, but once you get a hang of it you won't go back to a traditional bag. Also way easier to layer in with clothing if the temps fall without compressing down on the quilt. This allows you to go with a lighter quilt that is rated cooler and use your clothing as double duty if required.

As far as pack weight, I have two systems - one which I use solo for up to 7 days. My base weight (all gear plus the weight of the pack) is 10.4lbs. I am 6'1" and 210 lbs so everything is generally XL sized. If I do need a bit more carrying ability - longer stretches without water or when I pack with my son - my base weight climbs to 12.6lbs. Both of these base weights get me comfortably to -10C without issue.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome