ClubTread Community - View Single Post - KC = Kananaskis Country Watridge Lake / Karst Spring Snowshoe

Thread: KC = Kananaskis Country Watridge Lake / Karst Spring Snowshoe
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2020, 04:41 PM
zeljkok
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicB View Post
We stopped at Kananaskis Village to query about the new pass that's meant to finance track setting on the various ski trails. It's $50 annual, available online only, or $10 per day. The passes were not available yet, and not required as track setting has not started. How this is going to be monitored and enforced remains to be seen.

I heard about that too. Probably someone from parks will do a round of couple of parking lots on weekend (Shark, Elk Pass, etc) & look if people have pass on dash. Just like any paid parking lot

Edit: What if you are going somewhere else and NOT x-country skiing, thus NOT using any of their groomed trails? I.e. few yrs back I parked @ Shark, crossed frozen Spray Lake, then went up Mt. Fortune (full report here -- late winter / early spring is best time for this because Spray ice is solid thick & no danger walking across). What happens now? Will "pass" still be required just to leave car @ Shark?? This was not bright idea IMHO

Last edited by zeljkok; 11-19-2020 at 09:52 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome