ClubTread Community - View Single Post - AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Aylmer Viewpoints

Thread: AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Aylmer Viewpoints
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
zeljkok
Summit Master

Mid October '20

9 out of 10 people think of Minnewanka shoreline trail as boring but I love it to death & it is one of best places in Rockies to me. Undemanding, wondering through variety of terrain with great views throughout & every corner seems to have something new. I missed usual spring walk this year due to COVID but it is just as nice in the fall. Snow already lying on the ground, nature seems to be preparing for winter. Walked to LM8, had lunch at the beach just below campground, then came back the same way. Couple of pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snowman.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	745.0 KB
ID:	281850
[Yes, it's been snowing already. And major winter blast coming]

Name:	stewartcanyon.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	902.1 KB
ID:	281852
[Stewart canyon bridge, there is something mysterious gazing deep into front ranges from here. Some nice scrambles further up (Astley) I intend to explore down the line]

Name:	shoulder.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	849.3 KB
ID:	281848
[Shoulder rise ~45min from parking & if you are out of province or out of country & going for a walk, don't stop at Stewart junction, continue at least to here as views will blow you away]

Following two are from LM8 campground, one of nicest Parks Canada campgrounds I have seen. It's right by the beach, there are 10 tent pads, couple of outhouses, metal boxes for food and couple of very nice fire pits with wood benches in aspen forest right by the beach

Name:	lm8beach1.jpg
Size:	735.4 KB
ID:	281844

Name:	lm8beach2.jpg
Size:	829.3 KB
ID:	281846

Everything so beautiful and pristine, I'll be doing this as long as I can walk.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome