ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Warm layer?

Thread: Warm layer?
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
dpdp
Headed for the Mountains

Thanks for all the advice. @CEB I'll check out the Houdini as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeadows View Post
As I get older, I find that I get tired more quickly and have resolved to travel with lighter gear. I've managed to get down to about 20 lb for a comfortable, non-ultralight base weight, not counting food or the clothes on my back, by trading in my old backpack, tent and stove for lighter and smaller kit.
@esmeadows, I'd be quite happy with a 20lb base weight and 40lbs total for a weeklong trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeadows View Post
I've found that paying more for good quality, lighter kit is a good investment in enjoying the backcountry. If you take care of it, quality gear will last for years and lighten your load for many thousands of step. Exactly what to choose is always highly personal and definitely makes for many rounds of social media debate.
Agreed. I like that there is relatively little of this here on CT and was hesitant to post, but I've gotten good advice and now I'm tempted to post asking for more. It's been over 10 years since I invested significantly in a lot of new gear so it's good to hear a lot of opinions and options of what people actually use.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome