ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Canadian Rockies Recent conditions reports

View Single Post
post #1060 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 08:18 PM
howesthehike
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
Just watched the "Injury hike" video. I am sorry you had the mishap. But it's for the better; you guys went WAY TOO EARLY. I was just on the area (July 14, 8 days after you) and had aerial view of Pipestone - too much snow! Too early!

(see https://forums.clubtread.com/130-can...pipestone.html it will also give you bit more info for future).

You also mixed up peaks; looking back from Molar Meadows is Noseeum peak, not Mosquito. Mosquito is second left of North Molar Pass.

Heal, and come back in August. And listen more to people that know the area and conditions when planning such ambitious backcountry trip

Thanks man. Apologies on the mixup I was not quite myself on this trip obviously. And yes it was way too early this year no question. But you know when your book planes and have a plan you look for a plan B or C and adjust from there. I keep threatening to move the Canmore and opening up another family bakery so perhaps I値l be much more in the know as a local when that happens. Ha ha!

I知 fully recovered it was my IT band again and I知 about to do a quick two or three day hike in Fundy national Park just to make sure I知 good. I will be back out in August but I think I知 going to head up to the Willmore wilderness area and hard scrabble pass OR do around Southesk lake. I知 not sure yet I知 just gonna wait and see what the conditions are like and pick something remote. I really want to get out there away from the crowds.

Yeah and when I wrenched my knee I knew the conditions were not gonna be good. In fact when Marty's video comes out I think we will see some serious crap over Pipestone pass and down to Devon lakes etc...

Seeing snow just up the trail from mosquito Creek campsite helped me make my decision not to carry on with my injury because I knew that the further we got up the alpine the worse it was going to be.

As always I think this is the best hiking forum on the Internet and I appreciate all of the advice you guys have given me over the years.

Stu

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome