ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Granite Gear Blaze

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Crash
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEB View Post
I bought a Granite Gear Crown online: https://drop.com/buy/51160

I was really impressed by it for such a light pack but, unfortunately, the torso on the regular is really long so my impression is that they make their packs for taller people and I have a really short torso. I believe the blaze has a bit more padding and an adjustable torso.

My thinking with buying it is that there are so few light packs in Canada that I should be able to re-sell it fairly easily so not a big deal buying something like that to try.

Sorry- meant to also give input on the volume question. I hike with a 55L pack and, unless I was winter camping, I wouldn’t want to go much bigger (but that might be the small torso thing again). Having said that, getting the volume down in your gear, or amount of stuff you carry, is personal and also money/tolerance related to some degree. If you have alot of stuff a lightweight pack will never be as comfy, i’d think, so you have to make a few decisions with what you currently carry- do you just have too manty things and you can get rid of them to have less/lighter or do you need to re-buy items that have less volume or weight? Hope that made sense
I did go ahead and order the Granite Gear crown from Drop. So that puts me at two backpacks now. I still have the Osprey Atmos 65l. I don't mind though as I will give both a try. Doesn't hurt to have a spare to lend out.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome