ClubTread Community - View Single Post - COVID-19 in BC Coast Mountains

View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 08:10 PM
wojtek
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
On their social media they stated that they will allow 100 cars to park at the east canyon lot then close it. They will also close the park after 700 cars enter the park in total and allow 50 more in for every 50 that leave. So yes be there are early as possible if you plan to do something out of the East canyon lot. There is a connector trail from the West canyon lot to the East canyon lot if you can still get access to that one if the East is closed. I am not sure where they put up the road block to close the East canyon lot.
Thanks for this - so I found the tweet thread by the park operator - Alouette Parks (https://twitter.com/AlouetteParks/st...55317438779398) is this what you are talking about? - it's just a bit frustrating when the official BC parks website says info will be shared there and it isn't - I wouldn't really think of seeking out park operators twitter accounts to get official information.

The roadblock was just past the boat launch turnoff - so quite near the dam - there is a trail from there to Gold Creek but that would be probably 6-7 km one way - too much to then do a hike and come back for mortals like me.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome