ClubTread Community - View Single Post - AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Circumnavigating the Drummond Glacier - Banff NP

Thread: AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Circumnavigating the Drummond Glacier - Banff NP
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 04:00 PM
zeljkok
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpacker_Erik View Post
Here is a rough outline of the route. I think if I'm reading your 3D map correctly, then you are almost correct on your second iteration.

Thank you for the map! Couple of groups scrambled Deluc & Dip Slope after approach via col just south of Pipestone Pass last summer & this is why I was looking in that direction, till I realized "wait, Three Brothers Lake is way over there". Maybe not even possible to connect via my first map.

Quote:
I'm hoping to get to slope out some more areas in the region this coming summer, should things return to normal somewhat. Valley of the Hidden lakes region and Panther would be sweet I'm sure!

We might still not lose this season. There is so much snow right now, so everything will be delayed 2-3 weeks anyways. They are already talking about re-opening restaurants, it would be silly to do that and keep parks closed. Re Valley of the Hidden lakes -- I am thinking for awhile about backpacking to Douglas lake, then spend couple of nights there & just explore with light pack, without looping via Halstead pass. Heard that some ridges above the lake can be scrambled easily.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome