ClubTread Community - View Single Post - COVID-19 in BC Coast Mountains

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 01:31 PM
martin
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking
Default LSCR bike ride

Had to get out on the weekend, the weather was so nice. We rode bikes east along the new Low Level road, which is way more bike friendly than it used to be, past the grain terminals. There seemed to be more than the usual number of larger train engines at the rail yard (49.307,-123.043), After riding further east over Lynn and Seymour rivers we rode north on Riverside Drive towards LSCR. Near the end of Riverside Drive we saw a bylaw officer handing out tickets, but I think this is normal for this area, it is a popular trail and there are no places to park. Further north we crossed the new suspension bridge, which is pretty fancy.
Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	592.8 KB
ID:	274634

We rode up along Fisherman's trail to the mid-valley picnic area and had some lunch. Fisherman's trail is closed due to a "washout", but it's really only a small section that has slumped that you have to carry your bike over. Not worth closing the trail IMO. A few bike riders came and went while we were at mid-valley, I would say it was a bit busier than usual. The parking lots at both LSCR and Lynn Valley Headwaters are both closed so people were riding in from wherever. The picnic tables, drinking fountains and various other things were taped up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3093.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	274636

One of the stranger things we saw was on the bridge coming back over Lynn Creek, there was an attendant at each end like flag persons at a road construction site, and only one party could cross the bridge at a time.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome