ClubTread Community - View Single Post - INTL = International Annapurna Trek: Circuit + Base Camp

Thread: INTL = International Annapurna Trek: Circuit + Base Camp
View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
zeljkok
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6response View Post
Absolutely sensational. I have never been, on foot, to such a high elevation. You deserve huge congratulations.

I know there is little chance I would ever go there, in fact few of us ever will. Your TR gives many of us the chance to visit by proxy and it is so appreciated. This is a TR to just wander through, quietly, with a nice cold beer etc. and just take it all in. Thank you

Thank you. Still much more to come ;=) But this IS not as hard as you might think. Hiking itself is non-technical (i.e. your Elphinstone might be harder in strictly technical terms). Altitude is issue, but you acclimatize. And it doesn't cost nowhere as most think; flying is only major cost, but with enough diligence (air miles, shopping around, shopping early etc etc) that can also be managed. And then Nepal is still dirt cheap. I will have at the end of post --- which is still nowhere in sight, lol -- some sort of breakdown in terms of gear, logistics, prices etc.

(And no, you are NOT too old in your 60's for Annapurna or Nepal. Trust me)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome