ClubTread Community - View Single Post - INTL = International Annapurna Trek: Circuit + Base Camp

Thread: INTL = International Annapurna Trek: Circuit + Base Camp
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
zeljkok
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBrook View Post
Amazing journey! (Yes, I am reading every word, and will come back again and again.)
Thank you for opening up such a special time and place.
I hope you do go back, to linger, perhaps to climb higher.

Thank you! Not sure about coming back, this was already 2nd time in Nepal and there is still so much around the world I'd like to see before it's time to climb big mountain in the sky. Started looking at Patagonia / Torres Del Paine trek next March. But Nepal is good, and if I'd come back 3rd time think I could do Manaslu circuit; this ends at Dharapani from where, already acclimatized, I could simply take jeep to Manang for last couple of days. These views of Annapurna 2,3,4 were really special, and also to try to do Tilicho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Outstanding report! Finally got caught up on your trip while enjoying a cold bevy. Looking up the valley at a 7100m peak! Wow! Looks like you had good weather so far.

Yes, and reason why I picked December. Only 2-3 days snowstorm but I waited that out in Pokhara.

Mountains in Nepal are much higher than in Canada, and even if there are number of "hiker peaks" altitude is main problem with straying off established "valley/pass" trails and trying for the summit. It's all good though

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome