ClubTread Community - View Single Post - AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Aylmer Viewpoints

Thread: AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Aylmer Viewpoints
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
zeljkok
Summit Master

Mid November '19

Minnewanka is my happy place. Once summer and tourists are gone, it is so beautiful and I absolutely love walking the lakeshore trail. Calm and quiet and pristine with vistas unfolding as you walk by. Went as usual to LM8, then a bit up on Aylmer Pass trail for late lunch on snow free meadow just before trail dips into forest. Dusting of snow throughout with some sections that melted then froze, but it is easy going all the way. Set of boot prints to LM8 and down to campground, but nothing further east or up towards pass. Around 5km mark fresh cougar tracks --correct me if I am wrong-- going east, and followed lakeshore trail for ~2km before vanishing; was a bit nervous but nothing transpired. Couple of pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	minnieshore.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	738.0 KB
ID:	272258
[That little bay near trailhead, think I have over 100 pics made at this place over the years and it never gets old]

Name:	aylmerjunctionpano.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	444.2 KB
ID:	272256
[Pano above LM8 junction; I always stop here for break (even if I picked up a tick here couple of years ago)]

Name:	cougarprintsnow.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	497.0 KB
ID:	272254

Name:	cougartrackshand.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	478.5 KB
ID:	272260
[Kitty prints, with ugly hand or yours truly for reference]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome