ClubTread Community - View Single Post - AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Louise, Winter

Thread: AB Cen = Alberta Rockies Central (Banff & David Thompson) Louise, Winter
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
zeljkok
Summit Master

Early Nov '19

Same trip, year later. Just last week webcam was showing lake not frozen, but today people were walking all over and playing ice hockey. Quite magical, blue ice -- soon after snowfall lake will be white, but today you could skate and look through. Far end of Louise still had water (and couple of swans, which was first for me). Friendly porcupine soon after was willing to sit still and pose for me -- made tons of pics. Made it to teahouse then single boot prints to end of terminal moraine. By the time I was back to Chateau it was dark, but kids were still playing hockey on lake with headlamps! Couple of pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	llicepano1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	272056
[Classic tourist view; still so many people and everyone ignoring "thin ice" signs]

Name:	swans.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	691.9 KB
ID:	272060
[Couple of swans at still not frozen far end of the lake]

Name:	porcupine1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	655.5 KB
ID:	272058
[He (or is it she? how can one tell?) was probably waiting to see what was I up to, and was I going to pass or not. Eventually he/she did get tired and scampered away]

Name:	deathtrappano.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	272062
[Death Trap / Mt. Lefroy / Plain of Six Glaciers pano from turnaround point]

Name:	llcabinlight1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	575.3 KB
ID:	272054
[Canoe rental cabin on return, love this place. No tripod, but leaned camera on wall and turned out ok even with 10 sec exposure]

Lake Louise is probably biggest tourist trap in whole Canada, but it is still special.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome