ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Garibaldi Black Tusk or similar in 25-26 July

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 07:10 PM
zeljkok
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearforce View Post
Thanks for all your comments.
Summarising all up, what do you think of the below:

Option 1:

1st day:
Start early (8am) and go from Rubble Creek to Taylor meadows where I set camp and only hike light continuing up to Black Tusk summit.
Returning back to Taylor meadows but going through Garibaldi Lake on the way back.
Camping the night at Taylor meadows.

2nd day:
Starting up early (6:30am) going to Panorama Ridge and going back to Taylor Meadows to take camp gear back to Rubble Creek.

Option 2:
Same as option 1, just do the Garibaldi Lake visit on the next day.

What do you think? Is that reasonable?
How much Kms is each day? 20-24?

P.S. I chose Taylor Meadows because currently Garibaldi Lake campgrounds is fully booked for the dates I want.

Thanks!

You are doubling on same trail unnecessarily. You have 3rd far better option. Dropping from Taylor to Garibaldi Lake is trivial, specially with day pack. So:

Day 1:

Hike to Taylor and set camp. Drop to Garibaldi Lake. Have lunch by the lake. Continue and summit Price (fab views as sun will be behind you). Return to camp. Return trip Taylor - Price - Taylor can be done in 8 hrs (top). That's 12 hr day, most with light pack. 8 am start from Rubble, 8 pm finish at camp.

Day 2:

Pack camp, leave gear in Taylor day-shelter. Panorama Ridge first, on return Black Tusk. Return to Taylor and hike out to Rubble. Again, most with light pack. 10-11 hrs

Last edited by zeljkok; 07-08-2019 at 07:13 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome