ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Memorial Lakes

Thread: Memorial Lakes
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Mr Conservation
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Scuba Diving, Hiking, Camping

Well I made it to Kananaskis last month. Got my hiking partner (wife) to do the Lillian Lake hike, along with some other less strenuous hikes, but she was a "no go" on the Memorial Lakes hike. She says it is too long, and the elevation gain is too much for her. Next year for sure - hopefully my son can get the time off work to join me, or my daughter and son-in-law will join me. One day I will make it to the memorial cairn.

The discovery of the plane that went missing while flying from Penticton to Edmonton last November brought back a flood of memories. The plane was located on September 10th, on the west side of Glacier National Park, within the original search area. A BC air ambulance helicopter was flying low west through Rogers Pass, along the lower slope of Cougar Mountain and happened to spot something that was out of place. They circled around and were able to confirm what they saw was a crashed aircraft. Upon closer inspection, and observing the tail mark, they were able to confirm it was the missing plane. The plane was only about 700 metres from the highway. Good job by the air ambulance crew, and finally some closure for the families of the two souls on board.

Mr Conservation

Long Time Conservationist

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome