ClubTread Community - View Single Post - BC Recent Conditions Reports

View Single Post
post #807 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 10:31 PM
GabrielM
Hittin' the Trails

July 26, 2018: Armchair traverse, Mount Cook to Mount Weart direction. If anything is to be said about it, the rock is not solid at all. Despite checking all holds, one broke on me part way through the traverse. I got away lightly but could have end up much worse than a lacerated shin, a middle finger in a splinter and a swollen thumb. It took me 4:10 to the summit of Weart (Lake, Cook and traverse) and about 4:50 to get back to the parking lot. Mount Cook from Wedgemount Lake is a moving boulder-fest and the descent from Mount Weart is actually worse, adding on top of it a lot of moving scree. On the traverse I stuck to the ridge line, only once detouring north for about 20 m on snow to keep it simple and not to avoid any technical section. I did not find any section challenging, maybe couple exposed steps. On my way down from Weart I went on the ridge skiers right for a bit before realizing that I should have taken the left one (perhaps I chose it as the rock quality was slightly better ) There are few snow patches on the Weart descent, some quite soft, which make the descent a bit more enjoyable.

Last edited by zeljkok; 06-20-2022 at 03:19 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome