ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Thanks or taking a stand, Jack!

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Richard Vee
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thhorseman View Post
Could you elaborate on this? I keep hearing this kind of assertion but it`s never explained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymcdonald78 View Post
Demand for oil is finite, and while elastic, it is not infinitely so. Hence the fact that there are close to 3 billion barrels of oil in inventory globally. Expanding our capacity displaces oil sold by other nations. There are questions of logistics, shipping oil to China from Canada is shorter than from Venesuala or Niger for example. Lastly Canada's political stability, adherence to rule of law and reliable infrastructure make it a more favorable partner when it comes to establishing long term supply contracts (A Chinese refinery knows the oil with show up when it's contracted to without fear of a revolution, nationalization, or substantial breakdown in infrastructure).
Beat me to it. I think what protestors fail to grasp, with their ironically plastic signs, is this will go ahead one way or the other I suspect. Any evaluation of Horgan's doings is hypocritical at best. This would be a non-issue from a political stand point if the NDP didn't owe the government to that of Weaver's good graces.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome