ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Advertising on Clubtread is WAY OVER THE TOP!!

View Single Post
post #90 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 02:39 AM
StevenSong
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
No. It has nothing to do with you, or Vern or any other individual. It is rather general sentiment about the site direction. You don't go out to the mountains with someone if you don't enjoy his/her company, right? Same here. People dislike adds, interface, not being mobile friendly (very important!) ... but more than anything lack of care. And then it snowballs. One person leaves, and this drags 10 other people along. Just look at Rockies forum, that was once bursting with all kinds of reports and info; now if I wouldn't post and maybe PhilR on occasion, it would sit completely dead

What hold site is enormous heritage built over the years. But with this direction it will dry out. I've seen many examples like that in Internet industry over the years.
Yeah. I do think bloggers and particularly Vern and I have effect though. On one hand we inspired more people to get out but on the other hand it left little room worth documenting (in details) for peaks that either him or I have already done (and that together is over 1000 peaks).. Saying this because I have feedback from other friends. The ethic of blogging the backcountry has its double sides but whatever. On this nowadays world there is just too much to worry about. I just try to look things in a positive way otherwise you just aren't gonna be happy..

Hopefully ClubTread can find its path soon...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome