ClubTread Community - View Single Post - Advertising on Clubtread is WAY OVER THE TOP!!

View Single Post
post #87 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 01:41 AM
russellcoffin
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSong View Post
Another thing is that you have to keep up with the technology. How many of us are on phone and how many are on computer is worth an investigation, especially in the younger generation... That's one reason why I'm starting Instagram, is to reach out to more people.

ClubTread is literally impossible to use on a phone...

I honestly don't know what can be done to save forums like this one. A major shift in information sharing system (FB, IG, etc) will probably mean some old ways are doomed to fail... Maybe it's inevitable. Or maybe we can learn something from Washington state. NWHikers.net, WTA, peakbagger.com are all running pretty well but they do have a much larger user base with hundreds of "serious peakbaggers" eager to contribute... But one thing is always true. In the nowadays world if you don't constantly improve then you are left behind.
I very much agree. I think its its super important having these discussion forums as Instagram is a fun but not useful source for sharing detailed information on trips. With that being said, It takes me about an hour to write a half-assed TR and that's mostly because of how difficult the interface is. I now only use my laptop it seems like for writing these trip reports or google earth haha. Also unfortunately, most of my generation cares about getting the perfect photo at Joffre lakes or Tunnel Bluffs so a future in peak baggers is pretty slim. But I guess that's a different situation...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome