Horseshoe Bay to Lions Bay New Contour Trail - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2021, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Hi Mike,
I have done your connector a couple of times. My old one went left where you cut right heading to the big boulder. Your route is definitely more pleasant. Do you use the trails to go for beers in HB? that would be cool.
I put signs in at the BP and Sunset entrance and at our crossroads because folks have gotten lost in the area last summer and had to call NSR. The hope is that it adds to enjoyment of the trails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2021, 01:24 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Hi Matt
When I started building trail I meant to do a connection to the BP but I didn't know about your trail until I noticed old flagging and a few notches on logs, then I found your post from a few years ago.. the current trail is my 3rd version the 2 previous ones were too steep/rocky/too may big logs to climb over so last year I zig-zagged the mountain side until I found a better route.. Last Summer we had a work party with some friends and cleaned out your section from Seascape junction to BP.... I haven't hiked the section to Sunset yet I tried a couple of years ago but couldn't follow trail as all ribbons were long gone, will try it again now that you marked it..
Mike

Last edited by MikeA; 05-17-2021 at 02:06 PM.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2021, 02:30 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Folks: Thank you very much for your work in recent months marking the trail above Seascapes! I live in the neighborhood and much appreciate the ability to connect from our backyard over to BP and Sunset trails. Caveat for other hikers with dogs - the connector from Seascapes over to Sunset has some sections that were challenging for my 10 year old huskie mix pooch (logs and big boulders). Thanks again!
MikeA likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page