MV Pinecone Burke Mountain - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails
 
RichardV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PORT COQUITLAM, British Columbia, Canada.
Posts: 27
Default MV Pinecone Burke Mountain

Hello,

Went to take another look up at Pinecone Burke Mountain and was very pleasantly surprized by the wonderful little walk. Trying to get to the summit but a sign in the wrong place took me off in another direction.

Is there a post on posting pictures? Those were the correct orientation when I uploaded them.

There was snow up on the Summit, or as close to the Summit as I got. The trail was marked incorrectly, it stated Summit to the left, but that would be the Ted Kaye lake trail, a fair bit of snow and some downed trees, moved those that I could. Poorly marked trail, at least no markings that I could see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1564.jpg (1.21 MB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1568.jpg (1.57 MB, 129 views)

Last edited by RichardV; 06-03-2018 at 06:46 PM.
RichardV is offline  
Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails
 
RichardV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PORT COQUITLAM, British Columbia, Canada.
Posts: 27
Default

Trying to figure this out, first two images are of the start of the hike.

The creek needed gaiters about two weeks ago, water was just rushing down.
RichardV is offline  
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails
 
RichardV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PORT COQUITLAM, British Columbia, Canada.
Posts: 27
Default

Okay this is the split on the trail, heading towards the summit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1567.jpg (1.53 MB, 87 views)
RichardV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Banner Photographer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada.
Interest: hikingmountain bikingphotographyanything outdoors
Posts: 382
Default

I hiked to Burke summit last year and remember it being a little confusing in places. I went in September on a rainy, cloudy day and got eaten alive by mosquitos so didn't take many pictures or make note of splits in the trail. Here is a shot of my GPS track if that helps...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2017-09-10 at 6.37.01 PM.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	254537  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2017-09-10 at 6.38.10 PM.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	254545  

outdoors guy is offline  
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator
 
KARVITK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Abbotsford, B.C., Canada.
Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.
Posts: 17,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardV View Post
Hello,

Went to take another look up at Pinecone Burke Mountain and was very pleasantly surprized by the wonderful little walk. Trying to get to the summit but a sign in the wrong place took me off in another direction.

Is there a post on posting pictures? Those were the correct orientation when I uploaded them.

There was snow up on the Summit, or as close to the Summit as I got. The trail was marked incorrectly, it stated Summit to the left, but that would be the Ted Kaye lake trail, a fair bit of snow and some downed trees, moved those that I could. Poorly marked trail, at least no markings that I could see.

At the base of your report as you begin, there is a section far down "Managment Attachments", use this to upload your pictures directly... file max size of 1.2 mb.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
KARVITK is offline  
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails
 
RichardV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PORT COQUITLAM, British Columbia, Canada.
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARVITK View Post
At the base of your report as you begin, there is a section far down "Managment Attachments", use this to upload your pictures directly... file max size of 1.2 mb.

K
Thank you.
RichardV is offline  
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Hittin' the Trails
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 14
Default

Hi Richard. A point on the north side of Ted Kay Lake serves as a junction to the Burke Ridge Trail. I was up there 5 days ago and made it to Pika Peak (which is between the South and North Burke summits, above Bennie Lake). I wonder if you saw my tracks? Back and forth with a dog.

Snow was predominant terrain well before Ted Kay Lake for me but I came from the ski lodge side.
pr0ccy is offline  
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails
 
RichardV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PORT COQUITLAM, British Columbia, Canada.
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ccy View Post
Hi Richard. A point on the north side of Ted Kay Lake serves as a junction to the Burke Ridge Trail. I was up there 5 days ago and made it to Pika Peak (which is between the South and North Burke summits, above Bennie Lake). I wonder if you saw my tracks? Back and forth with a dog.

Snow was predominant terrain well before Ted Kay Lake for me but I came from the ski lodge side.

May have been your tracks.

How do I rotate a picture? It is the correct way on my system but gets rotated when I post it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1586.jpg (1.52 MB, 92 views)
RichardV is offline  
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Hittin' the Trails
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardV View Post
May have been your tracks.

How do I rotate a picture? It is the correct way on my system but gets rotated when I post it?

looks about right if that is just north of Ted Kay


Heading back up tomorrow. Bennie Lake.
pr0ccy is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1