What's with all the music!!!!!?????? - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 12:54 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekon View Post

I've given up on muttering my disgust (my daughter told me to shut up in any case) .......
My daughter did the same to me on the Joffre trail, reminding me of the loud, partying jerk I probably was when I was much younger. Mind you, in the mid 70's it was much harder to pack high volume music systems up the trail into the mountains. Our noise maker of choice was a couple of badly tuned guitars followed by lots of loud, off-pitch screeching of our fave Led Zeppelin tunes. All of this racket was fueled by far too much beer consumed in the company of lots of mountain-loving girls,

However, as we all know, one can never get enough of guitars, beer and mountain-loving girls

Last edited by xj6response; 08-19-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Summit Master

mekon, I agree with most of what you said but ultimately your wife gave you best advice: block it all out --- or, go "further afield". Canada is luckily still not what Europe (Alps,etc) has become and there are tons of places with 100% isolation. You just don't go in summer to Garibaldi, Joffre -- or Lake Louise, or ...

As for music one of my fav topics is taste. I enjoy everything from death metal to abba, but just can't digest this hip-hop rap. But this sounds so close to what older generation was saying in 70s about Beatles or Stones ("Sympathy for the Devil"?? Oh my!!). So there is clear generation gap. I'll always remember when I got Pink Floyd Animals LP & played 1st time; message was "Either this LP or you goes out of the house"
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Luc
Hittin' the Trails

What!? A problem with Mountain Bikes? Not possible. Unless of course you are referring to the mountain bikers who can't read the signs that say not to bring them here, or maybe the ones who figure the meadows are a great place to shortcut across or maybe the ones who think yield to hikers means slow down slightly to allow them to jump out of the way.

No mountain bikers are fantastic!

As far as the whole music thing maybe the appropriate thing to do is sneak up behind them and startle the $#!t out of 'em once or twice

Last edited by Luc; 08-19-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Summit Master

I wouldn't bash mountain bikers (or any other group). Most are cordial, but you find bad apples just like with everything else. My good friend is mountain biker and it is hard to imagine more respectful person in terms of trail etiquette.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Luc
Hittin' the Trails

Zeljok,

Totally agree. We met several fantastic people who were biking around the South Chilcotin Mountains last month. My intent wasn't to bash the whole group, only the ones who were described in my post. Apologies to any bikers who don't fall in that category. There are a lot of hikers who should be banned from leaving home as well.
Scrambler and zeljkok like this.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 01:26 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: hiking, telemarking, filmmaking

Just to be clear: I was joking about mountain bikers. I have nothing against them as a group, to the extent that they even constitute a group. Hell, some of my best friends are mtbers, including my own self...

unless, of course, they are carrying speakers playing music.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page