Echo Lake Camping - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Scaling New Heights

Default Echo Lake Camping

Looking for info on what the camping is like in the immediate area of Echo Lake (just west of Squamish, across the river). I've read a couple mentions that camping is possible, but I'm wondering if that's just in amongst the trees, throwing tents down on shrubs, maybe some cleared out spots? How many tents is there room for?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

There's a smooth rock just south of the lake outlet a bit above the lake that will accomodate 2 or 3 tents. We slept in a hammock, not too many other areas to pitch a tent there.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Scaling New Heights

okay thanks martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2020, 05:50 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: What can I say, I love the outdoors. Backpacking, canoeing, hiking, fishing, a little cycling and so on and so on.

Bump! Thinking overnight at Echo Lake and up to Alec Lake possibly. Is there only room for 2 or 3 tents? Also wondering about where exactly to put in and safely park the vehicle or two? I'm guessing there is no snow there now but is the lake still partially frozen or thawed out?

Thanks in advance.

Every journey begins with one small step.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

There's probably room for a couple of more tents in addition to the level area south of the lake outlet, if you aren't too picky about perfectly smooth ground. I'm sure the lake is thawed out by now. The place is getting popular though, on our way down a couple of years ago (a Saturday) there were many parties going up to camp, and I was wondering where they were all going to set up.
Also it's worth researching the tides before you go, something that I didn't do on our last trip. When the tide is high there is less current in the river. We had a nice easy paddle on the way there but in the afternoon when we came down, we had a hair raising paddle to get back to the other side.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: What can I say, I love the outdoors. Backpacking, canoeing, hiking, fishing, a little cycling and so on and so on.

Thanks Martin,

Yeah I've seen two videos of camping going on in two different places. One near a rock slab and another someplace else a little more bushy looking. Definitely planning on checking the tides table before heading up that way.

Every journey begins with one small step.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 03:44 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Rock and Ice Climbing, mountaineering, AT skiing, xc skiing, backpacking, hiking...

Not sure about parking but make sure to leave NOTHING in your vehicle......Break-ins are all too common. Also, make sure to lock up your canoe and life preservers once across......It is now a very popular place and things go missing too much nowadays.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page