User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By xj6response

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default RCMP seeks assistance - missing hikers

Good day,

I am the lead investigator in the missing person case of Jonathan Jette and Rachael Bagnall who went missing while hiking/scrambling in the Saxifrage and Cassiope area north of Pemberton and Mount Currie in September of 2010. Their vehicle was located on the Spetch Creek FSR however despite an extensive search, no sign of the couple was located. I would ask anyone hiking or climbing in the area to keep an eye out for any sign of the couple. If you see anything that might be of interest, (none of their gear was ever recovered), please contact the Pemberton RCMP at (604) 894-6126 or by email at [email protected]. You can also go to www.canadasmissing.ca for further info and photos. I would really like to bring some closure to the families so it would be much appreciated if you could keep your eyes open in that area. We are looking for their tent, sleeping bags, camping equipment and anything else they may have been carrying.

Thanks to all!
Reserve Constable Steve LeClair
Whistler Pemberton RCMP
(604) 894-6126
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

WOW.

So still no leads. Understood then any gear found linked to them would be helpful.

This is definitely a mystery.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Ryl
Headed for the Mountains

Pretty crazy that there hasn't been a shred of debris found in 7 years, that's relatively popular area.

_
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I am unfamiliar with search procedures when looking for missing people, so pardon my ignorance:

How exactly is the terrain covered when searching for lost people? Do people try and anticipate their movements, such as "Hm what would happen if I needed to go pee here, where would I go, and end up falling somewhere?"

Or is the area basically subdivided into a grid system, and each square is thoroughly searched?

Or even stand at the trailhead and say, "Hm actually I don't feel like hiking that mountain, but what about that mountain over there instead?"

What are the possibilities that are explored during a search?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:52 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Steve, very grateful how you work to keep this fresh in our minds. I was up there two years ago and saw the posters tacked on to the bridge stringer. Parked at the Trailhead and went for a blast part way up the trail to valentine lake, just on the off chance something might catch my eye. Nada, nuthin' ...

Once the snow's really outta there, if you fancy an ad hoc look-around day up there Steve, I'd be pleased to join you as I'm sure others would.

Anyone wishing a reminder of how pretty it is up there ... well, here ya go:
Attached Images

vern.dewit and BlackPete like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page