User Tag List

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Softball, Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
The way to support the cabin is to take out a membership with the BCMC. Anyone can join. A membership also supports the trail work not only at Watersprite but at Sigurd Creek and hopefully next year the Lions Trail. We have an ambitious plan for trails. We need financial support to make it happen.

If you don't want to contribute financially would you consider coming out on a trail work party?

Would you like a day use shelter as an alternative? We can certainly discuss it. Perhaps you can help to finance, design or build it. We don't want to create tension in the community, as you term it. We're open to solutions. But just to say the cabin should be wide open might be impractical because there are such huge numbers of people visiting the lake. I think a day use shelter makes more sense.

What are your thoughts?
I like to reiterate this point. While not a very experienced hiker, I've camped up at Garibaldi, and was there for over a week. I'm sorry, but more than half the day-hikers were ignorant, selfish jerks. It's just the way it can get. You can either protect the nice things for the small group who want to contribute to the community, or leave everything open for the lowest common denominator to destroy.
Spectrum and Ryl like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page