User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 05:49 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Exploring, hiking, scrambling

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_snail View Post
damn that alpine is beautiful .... Do you actually see ATVs on that trail though? Because i thought that operation of motor vehicles above 1700m was prohibited in that area.
Unless restrictions have changed since last year, I think ATVers are restricted to stay on existing tracks/roads above 1700m. Motor vehicle closures are in place in the Lillooet area above ~1900m.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 06:07 PM
Banned

It's not uncommon to see atv's and dirtbikers making it almost to the first lake.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 07:26 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Sack View Post
It's not uncommon to see atv's and dirtbikers making it almost to the first lake.
This is true, I saw both dirt bikes and ATVs just below the first lake. There is a small parking area there, where the ATV track ends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak View Post
This is true, I saw both dirt bikes and ATVs just below the first lake. There is a small parking area there, where the ATV track ends.
were they recreational quaders or hunters? I heard the area is popular with hunters as well.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_snail View Post
were they recreational quaders or hunters? I heard the area is popular with hunters as well.
I only saw recreational quaders and dirt bikers, no hunters when I was passing through.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

went up yesterday. just got back. No problems in a low clearance 2 wheel drive sedan all the way to the slide where everyone else parked. Lots of people up there. One group of 6-8 hikers tenting it at twin lakes. One group of quadders (one atv one side-by-side) one group of day hikers (to the cabin and back) and one pair of goat hunters.
post #22 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblair View Post
Actually snail there is a third option from the end of the driveable road and that's bicycles. Spectrum and I pushed and road ours up past the cabin. Beautiful area.
4th option is to drive a good 4x4 to the end of the road below the 1st lake, or at least to the cabin.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi View Post
Unless restrictions have changed since last year, I think ATVers are restricted to stay on existing tracks/roads above 1700m. Motor vehicle closures are in place in the Lillooet area above ~1900m.
The closure above 1900m is not for the entire Lillooet area, but for a few places north of Carpenter lake. The Blowdown road is easily drivable in a 4x4 to the Stein boundary at about 2200 m. Motorized traffic on the way to Twin Lakes is perfectly fine. It's not a park, nor there are any closures specific to it. Hikers simply like to think that as soon as they set their foot on a dirt road (which they call a hiking trail) it now automatically belongs to them, even though other recreational groups have used it for decades.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page