ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   British Columbia - Mainland Hiking (https://forums.clubtread.com/8-british-columbia-mainland-hiking/)
-   -   Haylmore FSR conditions (https://forums.clubtread.com/8-british-columbia-mainland-hiking/74666-haylmore-fsr-conditions.html)

ashi 08-31-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trail_snail (Post 746050)
damn that alpine is beautiful .... Do you actually see ATVs on that trail though? Because i thought that operation of motor vehicles above 1700m was prohibited in that area.

Unless restrictions have changed since last year, I think ATVers are restricted to stay on existing tracks/roads above 1700m. Motor vehicle closures are in place in the Lillooet area above ~1900m.

Candy Sack 08-31-2016 06:07 PM

It's not uncommon to see atv's and dirtbikers making it almost to the first lake.

Maniak 08-31-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Sack (Post 746098)
It's not uncommon to see atv's and dirtbikers making it almost to the first lake.

This is true, I saw both dirt bikes and ATVs just below the first lake. There is a small parking area there, where the ATV track ends.

trail_snail 09-01-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak (Post 746122)
This is true, I saw both dirt bikes and ATVs just below the first lake. There is a small parking area there, where the ATV track ends.

were they recreational quaders or hunters? I heard the area is popular with hunters as well.

Maniak 09-01-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trail_snail (Post 746226)
were they recreational quaders or hunters? I heard the area is popular with hunters as well.

I only saw recreational quaders and dirt bikers, no hunters when I was passing through.

trail_snail 09-04-2016 10:28 PM

went up yesterday. just got back. No problems in a low clearance 2 wheel drive sedan all the way to the slide where everyone else parked. Lots of people up there. One group of 6-8 hikers tenting it at twin lakes. One group of quadders (one atv one side-by-side) one group of day hikers (to the cabin and back) and one pair of goat hunters.

Arnold 09-08-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblair (Post 745738)
Actually snail there is a third option from the end of the driveable road and that's bicycles. Spectrum and I pushed and road ours up past the cabin. Beautiful area.

4th option is to drive a good 4x4 to the end of the road below the 1st lake, or at least to the cabin.

Arnold 09-08-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashi (Post 746090)
Unless restrictions have changed since last year, I think ATVers are restricted to stay on existing tracks/roads above 1700m. Motor vehicle closures are in place in the Lillooet area above ~1900m.

The closure above 1900m is not for the entire Lillooet area, but for a few places north of Carpenter lake. The Blowdown road is easily drivable in a 4x4 to the Stein boundary at about 2200 m. Motorized traffic on the way to Twin Lakes is perfectly fine. It's not a park, nor there are any closures specific to it. Hikers simply like to think that as soon as they set their foot on a dirt road (which they call a hiking trail) it now automatically belongs to them, even though other recreational groups have used it for decades.