The Wreck of a Crashed B-25 bomber - Page 9 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Adventure, mountain biking, paddling, trekking, hiking, history, bushwhacking, off-trail hiking...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jackson

As this military wreck is protected under the Heritage Conservation Act of BC (up to $50,000 fine and/or two years jail time if convicted of disturbance) I'm concerned about gchicalo's claims. If human remains have been melting out of the 1950s snowcover, then a recovery program - possibly involving 406 Squadron out of Comox - might be initiated. I have already contacted the Archaeology Branch in Victoria about this and they have assigned a case officer. He will be contacting the military as well as the Office of the Coroner (BC) - so this is rather serious.
Am I quoting you Jackson? Or did some other individual state the details above and you posted them here?

"I have already contacted the Archaeology Branch..." Who is "I"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Adventure, mountain biking, paddling, trekking, hiking, history, bushwhacking, off-trail hiking...

Alright Jackson, I know you are reading this. I am sure you constantly monitor the web for anything new about the bomber. Answer the question. Who is "I"?
post #123 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, photography, computers, yoga and traveling.

Hey Gerry - I forgot to send you a message about this. I got a message from someone at the Archaeology Branch @ the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Arts about 9 days ago. Send me a PM and I'll fwd you his email.

Cheers,
Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Should I tell the readers here at ClubTread about what's going on regarding the wreckage of the crashed B-25 Mitchell Bomber of Pitt Lake? Or will I be violating some sort of federal privacy policy?
post #125 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Location: Somewhere between pomp & circumstance, British Columbia, Canada.
Interest: Hmmmm?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gchicalo

Should I tell the readers here at ClubTread about what's going on regarding the wreckage of the crashed B-25 Mitchell Bomber of Pitt Lake? Or will I be violating some sort of federal privacy policy?
Another social experiment or are you just bored? Tell us what happened to Bully before posting any update as to the ongoings at the B-25.

WHERE IS BULLY!!!!

post #126 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Look you want to go there. here, these are coord's

49.28.447 n
122.40.282 w

And.........if you don't beleive me you can go to this address and look half way down you'll get directions right to it with some photo's.

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...ms=pitt%2Clake

also at 3:15 of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVCf5...eature=related

you'll see widgeon lake in the background.

How can you protect this crash site and charge for directions to it at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!

everybody go see it. just be respectful. Crash sites arent secrets.

Think about it.
post #127 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing the coordinates, I truely believe history shouldn't cost money.
Anyone making money from something like this, should be investigated.

Of course we will respect the deceased, and of course we will respect the nazi's if we find any gold

This trip looks like it would be a wicked one!

post #128 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Thank you, these do not need to be a secret. I did find pretty much the exact same coordinates after a litte searching on the net.
post #129 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

Thanks for posting the coordinates for all to see....
But just so everyone knows, the coordinates are not and never were a secret, and there are at least two trip reports here on CT that give detailed descriptions of where the wreck is. In fact, the first time I was told of the location there was no such thing as the internet.
post #130 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Put a fork in it this thread is finally done!!!!!!!!!!!!![xx(]
post #131 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

Is it ever
post #132 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 PM

It is. Although it can be difficult:

a friend of mines brother was just up at the lake last week and had to get search and rescue out to find him and a friend. he had a GPS but did not know how to use it. he didn't realize that it tracked his course and he could have just followed it back. dimwits. they were prepared though just young and naive
post #133 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Just because you think you know the location of the B-25 Mitchell bomber it doesn't mean you can get there. And if you do, will it be buried under 20 feet of snow? The mystery continues...
post #134 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 09:33 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Too many to list.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gchicalo

Just because you think you know the location of the B-25 Mitchell bomber it doesn't mean you can get there. And if you do, will it be buried under 20 feet of snow? The mystery continues...
Well it has been free of snow in the recent past, and given the constant recession of permanent snow packs it ought to have even less snow than in previous visits.
post #135 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 03:24 PM

lol.....the mystery continues....is this a last ditch effort to hold on

. dont forget to mention the high concentrations of radiation in the area that could and will kill you instantly if you get close to the crash site

you can try and keep this thread going but it aint going to work. Its not overly difficult and its not under snow, just look at any of the many photos posted of the crash site.

We dont live in alaska and this isnt Mount everest and were are not dealing with 26000 foot peaks. this is 5500 feet!!!!!! The lodge at my local ski hill sits at 6000!!! where i drink cofee and eat hot dogs while watching 5 and 6 year olds trying to get there gloves off.

Its a laugh that your trying to keep people away by trying to pretend this is some sort of mt mckinley or something. I guarantee that if you went right now until the end of august it would be a pleasant hike. you may even find it hot enough at the top that you will need to take a dip in one of the pools of water scattered around the area.

the only difficult part is the ascent out of widgeon bowl and even then an old man could do it.

I think that tiny island you live on is getting into youre head and making you crazy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page