Looking for info about Lindisfarne, Aurora and Tundra - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default Looking for info about Lindisfarne, Aurora and Tundra

I am looking for some information on the mountains around Tundra lake to Lizzie creek north area because last year while staying at the Lizzie creek hut I was reading the cabin log and other scraps of paper and found some writings about getting over to Aurora peak from Tundra, I didn't think to much about it at the time but now that I want to return to the area next year for some more exploration I have the idea of heading up Lizzie FSR to the trail up Meadow Dome and making my way to Aurora peak while tagging as many of the summits I can (Meadow Dome, Priory Peak, Bellevista Ridge, Contemplation, Meditation and Lindisfarne). Then from Aurora I wanted to head up and over Tundra and then one by one tag all the scrambles in the area from Gunn's guide book and hike back out the Lizzie hut trail to Lizzie FSR.

My two main questions for the area are how technical is the ridge between Lindisfarne and Aurora? Google earth shows a receding glacier there but I doubt it is the same size now and I have no pictures of it from my previous trip . My second question is the how bad is the north ridge of Tundra? and if anyone has pictures of either areas I would appreciate sharing those with me pleaaassseeee or even direct me to a trip report somewhere as I have come up empty while searching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 03:05 PM
High on the Mountain Top

https://forums.clubtread.com/27-briti...p-19-11-a.html and the links in the thread.

BTW, a google search of clubtread domain gives much better results than clubtread's own search function. True of many sites. Ask Google site:clubtread.com lindisfarne and it takes you to https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...%20lindisfarne which is much more satisfying than what a search for lindisfarne in the clubtread search box retrieves. Try it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Ryl
Headed for the Mountains

I ca't offer specific route info, but I would exercise extreme caution while peak bagging up there to be sure. When I was up there last summer I saw several peaks lose a significant amount of material in some truly spectacular landslides, and Tundra was particularly active.

_
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Alex thank you for the links and you are right that is a much better way to search.

Ryl, what side of Tundra did you see that on? I was up there last year as well I summited Tundra up the south ridge from Iceberg lake but never looked down the north ridge nor did I see anything move. It's always cool to see rock fall from a distance.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Ryl
Headed for the Mountains

Not sure, I had zero visibility while circuiting the lake so I could only hear it falling around me, including a gigantic roar at 1am which woke me up thinking the world was ending. Most of the trail section just before the ridge to Stein had been wiped out recently when I reached it, but it was too wet to tell how recently.

I did capture a huge collapse off Anemone, which caused the ground to shake for me 5km away:

_

Last edited by Ryl; 12-17-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page