November Lake - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By BushBasher

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Fishing, hiking, photography, cross country skiing.
Default November Lake

Has anyone been to November Lake? The road is barely passible with my beat up stock Chevy Tracker. It looks very interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I've not been to the lake proper, but have been out to the end of that spur geocaching; it also makes for the end of the notorious Fool's Gold Route.

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/G...ols-gold-route

Best way to get there is a trail bike, it's too far and rough to be easy on a bicycle, and to overgrown/washed out for a 4x4 (unless you don't give a crap about it). From memory the spur passes about 1km down the drainage from the lake, not too far even if the 'whacking is terrible, which is what I would expect.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 AM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

I was there about 10 years ago. Very nice place. The bush up the right side of November Creek wasn't too bad. The E100 road to the start of the Boise trail was getting a bit overgrown though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2514 (Large).JPG
Views:	146
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	55130  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Fishing, hiking, photography, cross country skiing.

I got about half way out the spur and decided to forgo the whacking. We are quite happy to walk the rest of the way. Are there any fish in there? I cannot find any information anywhere. The Tracker is pretty well beaten up already. Thanks for your information and help.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingR View Post
I got about half way out the spur and decided to forgo the whacking. We are quite happy to walk the rest of the way. Are there any fish in there? I cannot find any information anywhere. The Tracker is pretty well beaten up already. Thanks for your information and help.
is your tracker for sale?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2020, 09:03 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Default November Lake

Hey there,

Has anyone ever visited the lake?

Hiked up Seed Peak on the weekend and noticed a few tents on the eastern end of the lake. Looks absolutely amazing but a bit of a trek.
Can't see any easy access in there. Possibly hiking up November Creek?

But I've never been up the Pollen Spur off the Seed Peak Spur.. so not sure what condition that is in, combined with a possible difficult climb up a creek.

Cheers!
Attached Images

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2020, 09:47 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

Yes, went there 15 years ago. The bushwhack from the E100 road where it intersects November Creek to the lake is not too bad but I think the crux now will be the bush along the E100 road. As of last year you could drive to within 500m of where I parked in 2005.
There is another short thread here as well:
https://forums.clubtread.com/8-briti...mber-lake.html
And here is a picture of the S.S. November Lake:

Name:	IMG_2516.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	279086
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2020, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Looks like a nice little spot.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 03:34 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Attempted to access November Creek (Oct 3, 2020) by hiking up the Pollen Spur off E100.
Access by car was easy till about 500m up the Pollen Spur.
We parked the Jeep and walked thru dense Alder. And when I mean dense, I mean DENSE, this stuff was absolutely brutal. It looked like someone had attempted to clear it using a machete but they gave up only a few hundred metres in.

This was some of the thickest Alder I've ever seen and it made for a brutal and slow going trip. We were averaging only 1.5 km per hour and the brief periods of easy hiking were just that, brief, very brief. It was the stuff of nightmares and the steep slopes covered in old slash gave us no alternative but to keep following the old logging road. There was lots of bear scat and coyote footprints but we spotted neither. Views down the Mamquam River were cool and we can only imagine how enjoyable this hike must have been a few years ago when it resembled some sort of trail.

We made it to November Creek after 2 hours but ran out of time to make the ascent to November Lake which was disappointing. We simply had not anticipated the Alder to be so bad and slow us down to this extent. Add to that all the scrapes and cuts we received, it wasn't the most enjoyable hike.
November Creek was a stunning end point and a worthy destination by itself. The famous '3 log crossing' over the start of the creek was nowhere to be seen.. is this new? Has it been washed downstream?

The missing bridge along with the thick Alder would make a brutal hike to the start of the notorious Fool's Gold Route. This is a bucketlist hike I've wanted to complete for a long time but it looked like no one had been down this way for a significant amount of time. I'd love to come back and attempt the trek up to November Lake, but as suggested previously that's the easy part - the Pollen Spur is the stuff of nightmares. There are rumours this road is being reactivated but who knows. It is in really condition for the first 500m but after that it needs serious work.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1103.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	281978  

Name:	IMG_1106.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	281980