Relay Creek Trailhead Info - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Scaling New Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthorout View Post
Anyone been up to the Relay Creek trailhead this year? We're headed in there on friday and I'm wondering about the road conditon. Looks like its going to rain most of this week, hopefully won't get too slick. We have a high clearance 4wd truck.
Was up there last week. We parked our CRV pretty early on and rode mountain bikes for the rest of the way, super fun! A couple in a Toyota Tacoma made it to the end of the road, most of it seems great for a 4x4 HC, there's a very loose steep section that looks difficult to get back up but other than you should be okay. LOTS of Grizzly Bear activity in that area, ran into a mum and 2 cubs at the end of the road and saw more grizz on the way out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypeedee View Post
Was up there last week. We parked our CRV pretty early on and rode mountain bikes for the rest of the way, super fun! A couple in a Toyota Tacoma made it to the end of the road, most of it seems great for a 4x4 HC, there's a very loose steep section that looks difficult to get back up but other than you should be okay. LOTS of Grizzly Bear activity in that area, ran into a mum and 2 cubs at the end of the road and saw more grizz on the way out.
Thanks for the update and the bear report, we'll keep and eye out for the fuzzy fellas. I sent you a private message the other day about your Duomid, Jaypeedee, did you get it?
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 06:48 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Another request for a road update into Relay Ck Trailhead for a backpacking trip to Graveyard/Dil-Dil/Vic Lake. We have a Subaru Forester Xt and have traveled through many backroads, but we'd like to know how far we could get.

The road to Tyaughton Ck Trailhead along the Mud Ck FSR is currently great (mid-July 2020), only a few potholes to dodge. Lots of active logging must be keeping it under good conditions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: What can I say, I love the outdoors. Backpacking, canoeing, hiking, fishing, a little cycling and so on and so on.

Was backpacking from Relay Creek last August. The road was in great shape from what recall. Maybe a little steepish but nothing my Xterra and friends big pickup couldn't handle. The 4 wheel drive wasn't required.

Every journey begins with one small step.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page