Ring creek bridge at Garibaldi PP - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Ring creek bridge at Garibaldi PP

Hello,

As Ring creek is not even closed to being filled in, I heard that a bridge has been put up in a new location. We were wondering about the coordinates/elevation for where this new bridge is-does anyone know? I've emailed BC Parks but that would probably take a while to get a response. If anyone has a phone number for a park ranger to whom I could just ask, that would be awesome too.

Thank you!

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Are you referring to the bridge used to get to the Opal Cone area in the summer?

If there were something in place there, I don't think these folks would have waded across the creek on the 15th.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/richso...57650444562098

Last edited by PaulB; 02-26-2015 at 08:10 PM.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Some of my friends crossed the Neve a couple weekends ago, and were told by a park ranger that the bridge has been put up again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

We crossed the Neve SN on Saturday-there is indeed a bridge at the usual spot, but there was a cruddy mix of snow and volcanic dust on a steep slope guarding the way. We boulder hopped across the creek, and this wasn't hard to do at all in the morning. Might be slightly more challenging later on in a day
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJung View Post
We crossed the Neve SN on Saturday-there is indeed a bridge at the usual spot, but there was a cruddy mix of snow and volcanic dust on a steep slope guarding the way. We boulder hopped across the creek, and this wasn't hard to do at all in the morning. Might be slightly more challenging later on in a day
Any major concerns? Big crevasses to deal with? Lake fully frozen? Where did you hit dirt on the walk down Rubble?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: skiing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasplit View Post
Where did you hit dirt on the walk down Rubble?
A week ago it was quite difficult to ski from the lake to the Taylor Meadows junction. From the junction to the parking lot there is no snow to ski on. (6 km). I imagine the conditions are the same or worse.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasplit View Post
Any major concerns? Big crevasses to deal with? Lake fully frozen? Where did you hit dirt on the walk down Rubble?
Nope-crevasses are open N of Pringles ridge and the Shark's Fin, but nothing you can't get around in good visibility. That said, you'd want to be pretty confident on your skis because the snow is mostly crap and there are spots where you really shouldn't fall. It was a very different scenery from when I crossed the Neve last time (spring 2011)-I don't recall seeing any open crevasses that year. This year the open glacier makes for a bit more dramatic scenery.

The lake is frozen. We heard some glurgs as we crossed which put me on edge a bit, but nothing scary happened. We spaced out, but at the west side of the lake, there were folks standing together and whatnot-so it must be pretty bomber.
We put our skis on the pack a bit above the Taylor Meadows junction-I think the crux of the day was walking down the frozen switchbacks

Here's a friend's Flickr for some reference on conditions: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8krR3J

Last edited by CJung; 03-06-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page