User Tag List

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
Quote:

I would assume she was doing this as she incorrectly believes these are meant to be (primarily) hiking trails and doesn't like bikers coming down the trail too fast, it probably frazzles her, likens these to speed bumps and doesn't understand just how potentially dangerous this can be.
She was targeting signed mountain bike trails which is why mountain bikers took the initiative to find out who was doing this. Her actions were dangerous and could have injured someone.

She's paying the price right now since she can no longer do her 5:00am hike in the trails.

Hiking is ok when you can't ski or ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 01:58 AM
tu
High on the Mountain Top

Here's the thread with the NSR comment:

https://forums.clubtread.com/8-britis...ynt-trail.html

That discussion took a turn into the weird zone.
VS Jeff likes this.

post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 04:06 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Great initiative for the folks who spent their own money and time to help catch this criminal and it's encouraging that the RCMP took the complaint seriously and was willing to use the evidence.

I was very frustrated to see the headline of the follow-up CBC article:
"Mountain bike vs hiker: The other war in the woods"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...oods-1.2893353

This isn't about biker vs hiker. This is about "people enjoying the outdoors" vs "criminals setting up dangerous traps to hurt other people."
W.C-hiker and VS Jeff like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu View Post
Here's the thread with the NSR comment:

https://forums.clubtread.com/8-britis...ynt-trail.html

That discussion took a turn into the weird zone.
Thanks tu. RGB and others who want to continue discussion about the incident and speculate - that topic seems to be a good place to do so.

At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class

Instagram: http://instagram.com/sharon_and_lee
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Scaling New Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
This post should be deleted, because it is misogyny.

What part of the post was misogyny? bitch? seriously?? give your head a shake and relax a bit. the woman, if guilty, was creating a situation where folks could have broken their necks. that is a bitch at it's minimal definition. I'd preface bitch with "evil and vindicative" to boot.

Also why has/t the name of the charged been published? Is she the wife of some rich mucky muck?
skeletalmachine and Arnold like this.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Love the outdoors. Hiking, backpacking, geocaching, camping, canoeing, and kayaking. Did I say camp

How about we remove it just for the threat of violence it contains? Seriously the post is out of line and does break the rules for this site.
And yes the term bitch does make it misogyny that's what gendered slurs are, the same as ones based on race are racist. It's a pretty easy concept to understand.
W.C-hiker and alpinehiker like this.

Last edited by Marc; 01-11-2015 at 01:18 PM.
post #22 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: sharing and gaining knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointbob View Post
Also why has/t the name of the charged been published? Is she the wife of some rich mucky muck?
To protect her from psycho-maniacs.

Definition: 1. The highest level of craziness. 2. An uncontrollably insane person. Things they do/say are beyond any comprehension.

“Nature is always hinting at us. It hints over and over again. And suddenly we take the hint.” - Robert Frost
post #23 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 01:18 AM
RGB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
That was my recollection based on comments I recall that you made. You have the ability to restore that deleted thread. If my recollection is wrong then I would be happy to retract that statement.
The thread that tu linked to is not the original thread about the damage to Bill's Trail. That OP is the one gone forever.

But in the thread linked to by tu I do not implicate NSR in any way. If you bother to read it you will see that my source for referring to NSR came from a manager in DNV. A manager who I think was trying to deflect attention away from DNV.

If you read the thread you will see that I am trying not to find NSR responsible, as I could hardly believe that they cut so many trees. NS Explorer stated what they did: add some trail markers.

Now please retract your statement accusing me of maligning NSR.
And be careful in the future when you get the urge to accuse someone.
post #24 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
The thread that tu linked to is not the original thread about the damage to Bill's Trail. That OP is the one gone forever.

But in the thread linked to by tu I do not implicate NSR in any way. If you bother to read it you will see that my source for referring to NSR came from a manager in DNV. A manager who I think was trying to deflect attention away from DNV.

If you read the thread you will see that I am trying not to find NSR responsible, as I could hardly believe that they cut so many trees. NS Explorer stated what they did: add some trail markers.

Now please retract your statement accusing me of maligning NSR.
And be careful in the future when you get the urge to accuse someone.
"And be careful in the future when you get the urge to accuse someone.". Was that a threat?

In the original thread that you deleted I recalled that you accused NSR of malfeasance. Perhaps my recollection is unclear but it is still my recollection. Of course you've now conveniently deleted that original thread so I'm unable to verify if my recollection was based on that original thread. If it was I'll recant. I've asked you, politely, to confine your own ramblings to your own discussion threads and once again, I'll make that same request.

At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class

Instagram: http://instagram.com/sharon_and_lee

Last edited by LeeL; 01-10-2015 at 11:50 AM.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I think we should change the name of this website to "Club BarbedComments&AngryFingerPointing.com".
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Ian. You're right. I shouldn't respond to RGBs trolling and will ignore him
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 03:12 AM
RGB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
"And be careful in the future when you get the urge to accuse someone.". Was that a threat?

In the original thread that you deleted I recalled that you accused NSR of malfeasance. Perhaps my recollection is unclear but it is still my recollection. Of course you've now conveniently deleted that original thread so I'm unable to verify if my recollection was based on that original thread. If it was I'll recant. I've asked you, politely, to confine your own ramblings to your own discussion threads and once again, I'll make that same request.
All your posts on this topic look like they were made to deflect attention away from the main point I was making in the original long post about vandalism on the Upper Per Gynt trail. A "red herring".

Unless you can prove I accused NSR of tree cutting you should retract your statement about that. As for "conveniently deleting" the thread, I was pressured into doing that by the relentless negative comments that were way out of line and in violation of CT rules.

The fact is rogue mountain bikers did substantial illegal cutting of dozens of trees on this trail. And we will likely never know who they were and therefore they get away with it. And don't deny that there are crews of rogue bikers doing "secret" trail building off the grid: on the bb.nsmb.com forum there's acknowledgement that lots of this kind of thing is going on on "The Shore". Like further north of TNT on Lower Seymour. Some huge partly built structures on one of those "secret trails" not on any official nsmba or trailforks map.

Last edited by RGB; 01-12-2015 at 01:56 AM.
post #28 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Banned

Illegal trail building is legend on the Shore. They didn't care decades ago when they first started their illegal destruction, and the extreme biking business that was built upon it could care less now.

Leave NO Trace is antithetical to extreme mountain biking. They call themselves concerned about the environment, NOT.
post #29 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzoflier View Post
Illegal trail building is legend on the Shore. They didn't care decades ago when they first started their illegal destruction, and the extreme biking business that was built upon it could care less now.

Leave NO Trace is antithetical to extreme mountain biking. They call themselves concerned about the environment, NOT.
Per my comment in this other post (https://forums.clubtread.com/8-britis...war-woods.html) there are plenty of illegal hiking trails in the lower mainland, SW BC, and the rest of the province. I've never heard a single person complain about these.

I think there are far bigger environmental issues than a few trees being cut down for mtn bike trails. Not a biker myself, but anything that encourages people to get out and be active is a positive. That's the idea behind a lot of "illegal" trails, be it "illegal" mountain bike or hiking trails.

Regarding the Leave No Trace ethic, few people follow this. A walk up the seymour hiking trails reveals this.

Last edited by trail_blazer3; 01-12-2015 at 03:22 PM.
post #30 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Banned

Those same trail cameras used to catch this suspect can be used to catch illegal trail builders too.

The extreme bikers will never turn in one of their own, so it's time they face the same justice.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...-spooking-game
http://www.trailcampro.com/noglowinfraredreviews.aspx

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page