BC Recent Conditions Reports - Page 62 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

451Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #916 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2020, 12:51 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Canoeing, camping, hiking, biking, trail running... basically anything that gets me outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Allen View Post
Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody has been up to Pitt River Hot Springs lately (July 2020)? Would the water level be too high right now? What is the best time of year to visit? Is the FSR in good enough shape to make by gravel bike?

My plan is to canoe to the North end of Pitt Lake and bikepack to the hot springs.

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.
I've never been to the hot springs, but FWIW I was paddling on Pitt Lake about 10 days ago and the water was very high. Seems likely to me that the river would be quite high right now too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #917 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 02:07 PM
Scaling New Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by two2the8 View Post
I've never been to the hot springs, but FWIW I was paddling on Pitt Lake about 10 days ago and the water was very high. Seems likely to me that the river would be quite high right now too.
I second this comment. Went paddling across to the Widgeon campsite on Saturday and have never seen the water so high. Not sure on the whole tide thing there but we spent 6 hours and the "low" tide water level was still extremely high - so I am sure Pitt River will be higher than usual too.
post #918 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Default Wasp warning

Just letting you know to use caution on the trail up to Bishop from Vicar Lakes. Got stung at 1100m. Just once, so I don't actually know if there is nest along the trail. Had to go back up to where I got stung because my phone fell out of my pocket when I wiped out from running away so fast. Didn't see or hear anything, but I didn't hang around to find out. : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #919 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2020, 09:30 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Went to Pitt River Hot Springs 2 weeks ago and the water was flowing into both hot spring pools.
Definitely in the morning it was ice cold down there. Which was unfortunate after going all the way out there....
Bottom pool was completely covered and the top one had significant spillage at times.

Beautiful location but kind of a gong show on the weekend. We counted at least 20 people heading in there on Saturday afternoon, along with multiple noisy jet-boats heading up the river all day.
post #920 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2020, 08:49 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: What can I say, I love the outdoors. Backpacking, canoeing, hiking, fishing, a little cycling and so on and so on.

Thanks for the heads up BushBasher. Was planning on paddling with the bikes on board the canoe September 20 something during the week but am hesitant now. I read that the river was supposed to be shut down sometime soon to jet boat traffic that is damaging salmon habitat but obviously that hasn't happened. Kind of surprised the river is still overflowing the pools too.

Every journey begins with one small step.
post #921 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2020, 03:04 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetrip View Post
Thanks for the heads up BushBasher. Was planning on paddling with the bikes on board the canoe September 20 something during the week but am hesitant now. I read that the river was supposed to be shut down sometime soon to jet boat traffic that is damaging salmon habitat but obviously that hasn't happened. Kind of surprised the river is still overflowing the pools too.
I'd think by mid Sept it would be all good.. if not now.
If you want the place to yourself I'd definitely go during the week. There was no one there Thurs / Fri but the weekend was a completely different story.
sidetrip likes this.
post #922 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Oct 14, '20: Looks like NSR has been busy with this early winter blast

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...t-16-1.5686387

Quote:
The three hikers on Coliseum just had shorts on, T-shirts and I think just cotton hoodies
post #923 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 09:53 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

Wow, just shorts and hoodies in October.

I wonder if they got their instagram pic.
zeljkok and leanoliv like this.
post #924 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 12:26 PM
Summit Master

On Grouse the ice and snow has all melted. Monday was really icy walking up the Cut, requiring micro spikes. Today it's all gone. This is just below 1100m. elevation.
post #925 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Default Tenquille Lake trail?

Does anyone know if the road off the Hurley River FSR is drivable to the trail head please?
post #926 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Default Cheakamus Lake trail

Has anybody done the Cheakamus Lake trail recently, from the parking lot to the lake? Can you please give some information about the condition of the trail? Is there any snow on the trail or around the lake? Thank you!!
post #927 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2020, 09:52 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Question Condition of Seymour this weekend?

Has anyone been up Seymour in the last couple of days? What is the condition of the route? I've read that the gully between second and third peaks can be icy. Is there ice there now? Or is it still hikeable, at least for this weekend?
post #928 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2020, 09:40 PM
Summit Master

On the BCMC trail this morning, snow started pretty low down, and there was about 10cm at the lodge area (elev. 1100m). This is the first snow again since it was bare before that, so still rooty.
post #929 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Summit Master

A crazy amount of snow fell on the local mountains Thursday night / Friday, on top of a base of pretty much nothing. I hiked up Larsen and snowshoed up Paper Trail on Grouse this morning, and was sinking up to my knees on places.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paper1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	282318  

Name:	paper2.jpg
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	282320  

Name:	paper3.jpg
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	282322  

zeljkok and ColdBrook like this.
post #930 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2020, 03:26 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Default Meager Creek?

Has anyone been to Meager Creek in the last 6 months? What's the road like?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page