Tim Jones of NSR passes away - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Summit Master

Location: Finally stopping that crazy suffering that is ice, climbing to concentrate on great ski tours!, .
Interest: Anything that can drag me to the mountains. Backpacking is #1, followed by climbing, dayhiking and camping with family.

Didn't know him, and had I known him we might have been at odds over ideology regarding backcountry access, but the man was incredibly dedicated and concerned about the welfare of others. For that I have immense respect and I am saddened by the news that he has died so young. Condolences to his family and all those that called him friend and colleague.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Whatever I write here won't be adequate words for Tim's farewell, but this is so unfortunate. I must have been off the mountain not long before this occurred. My deepest condolences are out to Tim's family, especially Curtis at this time.

Ryan
post #33 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Hey everyone

I cleaned this thread up a little bit. Let's be respectful to the family and try to remember his contributions to the community.

Condolences obviously go out to all those close to Tim Jones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Summit Master

thanks darren
Spunky mentioned my words were not well put and misunderstood by some.
Shocking and untimely news.
RIP
post #35 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Scaling New Heights

Thank you Tim Jones for your dedication and for saving so many lives. You will be missed. You will never be forgotten.
post #36 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Summit Master

Last week Tim spoke to me in the evening about my friend Doug Soo who died while hiking the BCMC on that weekend. quote "We threw everything we had at it Paul. Could you let the family know that we did our best?"

Tim, You definitely did throw everything at it. You always did.

My Thoughts and prayers go out to Tims' family and to all the team members.

"Hey, come on in and have a look at this new communications set up we've got up here. We're just finishing it up.....Cypress Nov 2012
post #37 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

A great loss to our community.

His dedication helped so many people and he won't be forgotten.
post #38 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Summit Master

I am deeply saddened by this news. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to Tim Jones' family, community and friends.

I will remember Tim's dedication and focus. His work and passion was in the mountains, and sadly the mountain claimed him back. His indefatigable drive and skillful team helped save the lives of many. He leaves behind a tremendous legacy, with great big boots to be filled by his successor.

Rest in Peace Tim.
post #39 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking (slow!), visiting out of the way places, writing, canoeing, and fueling my sweet tooth

Wow - just heard this on the news. Sincere condolences to his family, friends, colleagues, and fellow SAR members...The world needs more colouful, local characters of his caliber to educate, inspire, and get the job done. He has certainly left an important and enduring legacy, may all of his find comfort in that. I met him once and my mom knew him from early connections in N.Van. He had a memorable larger than life quality...RIP.
post #40 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Headed for the Mountains

My deepest condolences to Tim's family, friends and colleagues. A big, sad loss for all of us.
post #41 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 10:51 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Tim Jones was a hero. His dedication to saving those in need was truly amazing. Deepest condolences to family, friends and the NSR. You will be missed, RIP Tim.
post #42 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: skiing

Thank you for your dedication to NSR. RIP Tim.
post #43 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Such a sad shock and loss: few people have contributed so much to the outdoors community and to British Columbia.

A local peak should be named in his honour and memory: perhaps Runner or Crown N1 or Peak 5400 (Gotha/Cobourg)?

(I recognise that the naming of peaks is a topic of controversy on ClubTread, and do not wish to hijack this thread with debate: for now, just a suggestion, to be continued on another thread at another time).
post #44 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: I enjoy outdoor activities of all sorts, and always learning new ways to enjoy myself outside. Reading, socializing, travelling, and photography keep me busy as well.

His superhuman legacy will transcend the incredible humanity he stived for in his life. He was an advocate of the human spirit in so many ways.

The Vancouver outdoor community will have to look deep within to fill his shoes, and to regain such a mountain of energy and passion.

My heartfelt condolences go out to all of his family, and to all of those, who's hearts he touched and will never recover from the impact of such an incredibly caring, passionate man. What an incredible loss to us all and I will be forever grateful for witnessing such dedication to life itself.

RIP Tim
post #45 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

Some good pictures of Tim in here :

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...rms=FUNDRAISER

For those that haven't been around long enough, see here:

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...rms=theta,lake

Give it a bit of time, but I think that in the near future CT should throw another fundraiser in honor of Tim Jones.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page