A good time to do Harvey - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Default A good time to do Harvey

Just a quickie update for those that may be interested. Katie and I did Mt. Harvey today.

Patchy snow to about 800m. I believe snowshoes went on around 1000m. A broken trail for us (a big thank you to whomever did that yesterday) and very supportive snow, so you could probably go without snowshoes the entire route to summit. Made for a fast hike. Great traction in this snow and I wore the snowshoes right to the summit, no problem. Crampons for the short descent immediately off of the summit.

A large group was heading up there today for an overnight stay, so the route will be well broken now, and for a day or two. : )

Fogged in summit, but the air was at a dead calm. : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: skiing

Thanks for the TR. How is the parking situation at the trailhead? I have not been there for a long time, remember there were always some issues with locals. Thanks.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by runningclouds

Thanks for the TR. How is the parking situation at the trailhead? I have not been there for a long time, remember there were always some issues with locals. Thanks.
There are only about five or six spots at best for public parking. There's more parking for Lions Bay residents than public. The yellow gate was replaced and in doing so there was the loss of three more parking spots. I imagine in a few years there won't be any public parking left at the trailhead, if it keeps up. Still, the human spirit is indomitable and thousands continue to make the trek each year.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page