Took a drive up there tonight.
There has been some work past the last bridge...a LOT of logging! This must have happened some time ago since there is a big slide just before the last bridge.
Followed the road a bit further to the OLD bridge about 2.5km beyond. Nice views of Rexford, Illusion, etc. Then I thought I'd see how much further I'd get along this old road. The last time I was here, it was quite overgrown but it appears as though someone has brushed it out.
I was able to drive another 3 km further (past the turnoff to the the upper road that is used to access Lindeman, Webb, McDonald, etc) to a small clearing. From here on, the road got narrow and close again, and there was a stream through the middle of it.
If I'm not mistaken, Karl and Co. had gone up that way not too long ago and where able to DRIVE a fair ways in. https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=51698
This means that the slide in the first pic must be recent...
- What you need to drive UNDER to reach the last bridge.
- Extent of my travels. Red line starts at the "old" bridge.
- Taking a break at the Old bridge.
- View from the bridge.
- I thought I had a piece of stick, stuck to my jacket but it was this giant caterpillar!
- This is how the road looks, past the old bridge.
- You can see the brush has been CUT...
- What it looks like after the 3km mark.
A quick look at GE when I got home shows that I should have taken the LEFT fork about 1.8km from the old bridge. Don't know what shape that section of road is in.